Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips if not using Zip during a trip

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am going overseas for 5 months and will not be using my Fitbit for this time - apart from removing the battery, is there anything I should do?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ok good! That is the only one you can remove the battery from. That should keep it in the best condition you can. I will move this thread to the Zip Board (it is currently in Coach)

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Which model of fitbit do you have? On most you cant remove the battery. Lithium batteries dont like running out of power and sitting empty for long periods. It would be better for it if you could arrange to keep it charged while you are away, but I know that is not always possible.

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is a fitbit Zip, and I have taken the battery out, as are away for 5 months!

Margaret
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok good! That is the only one you can remove the battery from. That should keep it in the best condition you can. I will move this thread to the Zip Board (it is currently in Coach)

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Awesome help @NellyG! Thanks for stopping by @hypo.11I have gone ahead and marked  @NellyG's as an Accepted Solution. Marking posts as solutions is a great way of thanking another community member while also highlighting their solution so that it may be discovered more easily by other community member facing the same questions or issues as you. You can read more about Accepted Solutions here.

I hope to see you around more often! 😉

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes