Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Runs, syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I will begin to use FitBit Zip now. I have two questions:

1. Zip tracks the steps and the distance - i understand that. So if I go for my morning walk/run and continue to use the Zip during the day, is there a way to differentiate the steps, distance and time of the morning walk/run VS. the steps during the day.

2. My home computer does not seem to have the bluetooth connectivity. Can the zip sync with my mobile phone using BlueTooth? Will the data be available on the web using the phone sync.

Regards,

Anand

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @AnandRao to answer your questions:

1. Your Zip does not have an "activity mode" so it can't do that automatically.  However if you make a note of t he start time and duration of your walk you can log it later and it will then show you "impact on your day" and differentiate your steps during that time period from your total steps for the day.

2. If your phone is compatible (check at Fitbit.com) you can sync using your phone.  The Zip is also supplied with a Bluetooth dongle, so your computer does not need to have built in Bluetooth -- you can use the dongle to sync to your computer.

I hope this helps.  Welcome to the Community!  If you have any more questions just post again -- there's always someone here to help.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Hi @Julia_G and others,

Thank you for your response!. I finally got my Zip (YAY!!) and have begun using it. 

The setting up has worked nice. 

Regarding the manual logging of the morning walk/run, if I do that, will there be a double counting of steps and distance? On the app, I could find the option to manuallly enter the duration, distance and calories burnt.

Please advise.

regards,

Anand

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @AnandRao, I'm gad to hear you have now your Zip and great help @Julia_G.

As @Julia_G mentioned before you can manually log this information and don't worry since all steps, calories, and active minutes recorded by your tracker are overridden for the duration of a manually logged activity by the activity's entered values. This ensures that your steps are not counted twice as long as the manually logged activity has the correct start time and duration.

Sorry for my intrusion and hope this provide more information.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes