Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Move Account

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am unable to transfer my Fitbit account to Google.  Here is what I have done, and the problem I encounter.  My Fitbit userid and my Google userid are the same.  I have Windows 10 and use Firefox, version 123.0.1 (64bit).  I have installed BlueStacks 5, version 5.21.103.1001 P64.  I then downloaded and installed the Fitbit app from Google Play.

Starting the Fitbit app thru BlueStacks I am presented a Fitbit screen allowing me to either Sign in with Google, or Sign in with Fitbit.  If I sign in with my Google account, it says “You haven’t moved Fitbit to your Google Account.  To continue, tap Sign in with Fitbit and enter the email address and password for your Fitbit account.  Once signed in, you can choose to move Fitbit to your Google Account.”

If I then tap Sign in with my existing Fitbit account, the app presents the screen with the Fitbit icon on it, but then the app shuts down.  I am not presented with the Fitbit sign in screen.

My Fitbit account is still available and I can login using my browser, but it does not offer an option to move my Fitbit account to Google.  Any suggestions about what I need to do additionally to be able to continue using my Fitbit Zip, firmware version 5.90?

I contacted Fitbit support about the problem and their response was pretty much that the system is working as designed.  Their only suggestion was to purchase a newer smart phone with the necessary level of operating system so that I could move my account.  Or, to post my problem to the community in the hope that someone could provide a solution.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @SunsetRunner we're not able to use the Fitbit app on our Windows computers, so you'd need to have a compatible phone. Is it possible that you have a friend that would let you use their phone to switch the account over? I'm not sure how you're syncing, since the only way we can do that now is to use a phone.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes