Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open Fitbit Zip back

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am not able to open the back of my fit bit zip using the tool or a screw driver, it seems to be very stuck. Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Nice to see you here @CeliaRose! To better assist you can you please let me know:

• Why you want to open the tracker?
  • Is it setup? 
  • Are you having any issue with the battery?

Also make sure that you are following the correct procedure to open your Zip's backdoor. To do so, follow these steps: 

1. Use the battery door tool to unlock the battery door. Insert the tool into the slot on the back of the unit, and turn the door counterclockwise to remove it.
  2. Once the door has been removed, insert the provided battery into the back of the unit, with the “+” sign facing up. The battery will rest in the center of the compartment.
  3. Once the battery is in place, align the arrow on the battery door with the ‘unlock’ icon on your Zip to put the battery door in place. Use the battery door tool to ‘lock’ the battery door by turning it clockwise until the arrow on the door lines up with the ‘lock’ icon.battery.png Keep me posted! 😉
Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
Its a new fitbit so i needed to open it to put the battery in. Ive tried
the tool and turned it counterclockwise but it appears to be very fixed in
place and will not turn

Thank you
Best Answer

Thanks for your reply @CeliaRose! To further assist you, I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. In the meantime, please try opening your Zip using a coin. 

Keep me posted if you have any other question. 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

Did not work for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes