Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update from 5.58 to 5.9?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been unable to update to 5.9 on my zip, which currently runs 5.58.

• I've read through the discussion on "Zip Firmware Release Version 5.9".
  • I've tried removing the battery for 10 seconds and restarting my device(s). 
  • On my Pixel android phone, the Zip seems to have trouble syncing at all, and when I try to do the update from the phone, it never gets past the "Searching for your fitbit zip" screen. (I've double checked to make sure that bluetooth is enabled).
  • On my OSX Sierra macbook pro, the zip is able to sync using Fitbit connect. When I try to update though, it tells me an "unknown error" has occurred. 

Is it possible to perform this update? Or am I stuck using the old firmware forever?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

How you doing @barbecue? Thanks for joining this family, hope you like what find here!

You've done an excellent job, not sure why is not working! Thanks for the research you've done. I would recommend following the steps below:

1. Restart your tracker one more time and make sure that the battery is fully charged
  2. Reboot your phone and check that you phone and Fitbit App is up to date 
  3. Open Bluetooth Settings on your phone and delete your Zip from there (forget device)
  4. Open Fitbit App > Account > Zip> Remove device (tap on the trash can in the upper right corner)
  5. Reboot your Bluetooth and double check that it is not connecting from there
  6. Force quite the App. Open it again Account > Set up a device

Hope this helps and welcome again! Heart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

How you doing @barbecue? Thanks for joining this family, hope you like what find here!

You've done an excellent job, not sure why is not working! Thanks for the research you've done. I would recommend following the steps below:

1. Restart your tracker one more time and make sure that the battery is fully charged
  2. Reboot your phone and check that you phone and Fitbit App is up to date 
  3. Open Bluetooth Settings on your phone and delete your Zip from there (forget device)
  4. Open Fitbit App > Account > Zip> Remove device (tap on the trash can in the upper right corner)
  5. Reboot your Bluetooth and double check that it is not connecting from there
  6. Force quite the App. Open it again Account > Set up a device

Hope this helps and welcome again! Heart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes