Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waterproof

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is fitbit zip waterproof ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No. Most fitbits aren't waterproof and only the Flex 2 is suitable for swimming. There's more information here:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1598/

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

No. Most fitbits aren't waterproof and only the Flex 2 is suitable for swimming. There's more information here:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1598/

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my fitbit zip for at least 4 years and I thought when I bought it it said it was waterproof.  For the last 4 years I have worn it when swimming in pools and the ocean and it has always worked.  Was surprised to learn it is not supposed to be waterproof.

Best Answer

Awesome help @SteveH! 🙂 Thanks for sharing your experience with Fitbit Zip @JAM56! Nice to see you here @rainey44! As mentioned by @SteveH, in his previous post most of the Fitbit trackers available are not waterproof. You can check here to find out which Ftbit adapts best to your lifestyle. 

Catch you later! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know the Fitbit is not waterproof, but it is water resistant.  I don't know how many times I went into my pool and forgetting to take the Fitbit out.  Still, works like a champ.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to see you here @Mhitt! Thanks for sharing your experience. It's good to hear that your tracker is working after it had been in contact with water. We don't recommend to user your Zip in the pool, since Fitbit may not cover it if it gets damaged. You can read about this in the Warranty Policy

Keep me posted if you need help! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No the Fitbit Zip is not waterproof. Most of the Fitbits you wear on your wrist are though. There are three Fitbits that I know of that you can swim with, the Flex 2, the Ionic, and the Versa.

Android and iPhone 6s. Versa, Flex 2, and Zip
Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by @SeleneD! I appreciate your help sharing this information. This is beneficial to other users that might have the same inquiry. 

Also, I'd like to encourage you to join us at the Discussions board, there you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more!

Give it a look! 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes