Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wear Zip while using Crutches

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

stick the zip in your shoe

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@JanRM Welcome to the Fitbit family! I moved your post to the Zip Board as it will be more useful here.

Thanks for the advice. Have you tried that while using the crutches? I wouldn't recommend that because it may fall off. However, there are some ways in which you can wear the Zip that can help out. Check them below:

Zipwear2.PNG

Trying those option should work.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on crutches now. Yes - I have worn the fit bit in the sock - and it does not count all steps. Nor does wearing the fitbit on the wrist. I have gone from 15K a day - and I now have a 7K a day GOAL (which I do not meet every day - yet). I know the fitbit will not record every step I take. So - I adjust the step goal. It takes work for me to get to 7K a day (50 y/o out of shape woman with long commute to work and a desk job). 

To be honest, my focus is more on the activity  ... 10 minute increments - which wears me out now. I will work up to (2) 15 minute crutch-around-the-office - to eventually reach 60 minutes. It is not helpful in competition ... unless there is a group for Crutch Steps. I have not yet looked ... still new to crutches and still working on my laps around the office. I had a tumor removed from the arch of my foot - so I am inspired to make it work. The idea behind the fit bit is to monitor personal movement - to gauge myself. 

Perhaps crutch steps could be considered an activity? It does take a workout to use them .... I found the following link helpful.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/320780-calories-burned-on-crutches/

Best Answer
0 Votes