Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do keep putting up with devices that will not function properly?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had several Fitbit Zips, mainly because it's an employer requirement, and have had nothing but trouble.  My husband has too.  I read these forums about how Fitbit knows there are battery draining issues, and yet months go by and they do nothing about it.  They're still selling them, with all of these issues!  I was having to change a battery every 3 days, in order to track steps.  Finally the Fitbit help desk had me remove the app from my iphone and install the program on my computer using the dongle provided.  I have never experienced such frustration in my life.  The battery continued to drain, but what was even more fun was every time I changed a battery because it wouldn't download if it was only half strength, I lost everything!  Right back to zero, with no knowledge of the million steps I'd taken.  Then that seemed to stop, but everytime I would download my steps just being near my computer freaked the Zip out and it would give me maybe a quarter of the steps I'd taken.  It would go from 18,000+ steps to suddenly having no battery life and maybe 4,000 steps.  This has happened routinely.  Has anyone survived this happening to them, and figured out a way around it?  Does anyone have any answers?  Tech support said "too bad, there's nothing we can do, you should buy a new one."  Really?  They think I'll buy a fourth one?

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Thanks for your post and what a headache.  I was thinking of purchasing a Zip because I don't like having anything on my wrist, but these are serious issues you point out.  Not going to do it and will instead go back to a battery operated pedometer.  I hope you get the assistance you deserve here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having trouble following your post @zeldakravitz

But the zip is a basic pedometer and I found i have had little trouble. it is on a second account. 

My biggest gripe is that it is hard to find fresh 2o25 batteries, not fitbits fault. so I replace with 2032s

The Zip itself fell apart the third time in the washer and crazy glued back together. That should say something about its durability. 

Best Answer
0 Votes