Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZIP has incorrect time for added activity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All my added activity is now showing the incorrect time. Example - I recorded yoga at 10AM and now it shows a time in the middle of the night. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

When I manually add activity my zip is logging it at the incorrect time. Is this your issue too?

Best Answer
0 Votes

What time in the middle of the night? 

Your Zip can not record, add, or display activity. Activity must be added through the web or app. Which method and if app on what device? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems that the time I log for the activity is displayed on the activity list, but when the activity is displayed in graphs or used to calculate calories, steps, etc it’s using a time stamp eight hours later. I reported this to Fitbit support with screen grabs and the issue has been escalated. I suspect the data isn’t being properly captured. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

During the time of a manually added activity, Fitbit does not use any data from your Zip @Lagunawoodswalk. it simply takes the the distance and type of activity along with the duration to figure the calories. 

As for reported steps counted, these are easy to confirm by simply counting the steps walked. 

Distance will then be as accurate as you stride setting is. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I heard back from customer support. This is a known issue that will be fixed with the next software update. 

Best Answer

Thank you!  I hope the problem I'm having is part of this as it sounds similar.  My zip and my phone have the correct time, but when I track an exercise it comes up with a crazy different time and won't let me change it manually.  Anyway, thanks for the info!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes that’s the same issue I’m having. Hopefully the fix will happen soon. 

Best Answer

@Lagunawoodswalk when you manualy add an event. Choir manualy adding it through the Fitbit App or the Fitbit Web Site. Wither way, this step has nothing to do with your Zip or the subject of this thread. 

I believe this issue has been fixed by now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No - my issue was when I was logging an activity in real time (as I was doing it). My Zip would post it with an incorrect time and I couldn't edit the time. The issue was fixed with a recent update to the app.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes you where manualy logging it through the Fitbit app. Yes this has been resolved. This can be done by using the Start now or adding the event after the fact. 

Their is no way to add an event through the Zip. 

Best Answer
0 Votes