Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip Counts Yesterday's Steps After Battery Change

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just changed my battery at about midnight, and the time is accurate, but the calories burned, steps...etc are not. My zip is still counting everything as though it's still the same day. Now my dashboard says I just passed several folks on my friends list when I really did not and that I can eat over 4,000 calories. I wish!

I took out the battery again to reset it, but the same thing keeps happening. I'm about to go to bed anyway, but does this issue go away the next day?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Still counting... I'll just think of this as Fitbit giving me an excuse to overeat today. om nom nom

EDIT: Problem solved! The zip reset at midnnight.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I am having the same problem.  I changed the battery this morning, thinking that was the problem, and it didn't help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still counting... I'll just think of this as Fitbit giving me an excuse to overeat today. om nom nom

EDIT: Problem solved! The zip reset at midnnight.

Best Answer

I charged my fitnit yesterdaymorning and wore it all day no steps where counted??? wth?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Forums @roecarroll, I'm glad to see you around! I'd recommend restarting your buddy by following these steps. 

Give it a try and let me know how it goes after Woman Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I'm also having a problem with the zip not changing days and adding steps to the previous day.  When I started this morning the dashboard was saying the battery was full, but the Zip was showing low battery.  I changed the battery.  When I saw that the time was correct but it just kept adding steps to the previous days total, I restarted the Zip.  That didn't work, so the 2nd restart, I left the battery out for 10 minutes.  It's still showing the correct time, but adding steps to the previous days total

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem but don't see the steps to fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes