Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip Radiation level

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does the Zip put out less radiation that the other trackers that measure heart rate etc.?   

Is it zero? Since it is on a battery?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Thank you Mz Lucy : )

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Forums @cassi123Fitbit trackers operate far below FCC compliance levels for RF power levels.

So low in fact that they're exempt from the evaluations required for other RF devices like cell phones. Also, the fact that your tracker only transmits intermittently further decreases exposure to RF energy. To read more about this, you can check out the dBm levels at the Safety and Product Information page. 

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the response.  I am disappointed.  I was hoping since the zip is only a step counter that it 

would have less EIRP.. but according to that link .. it is about the same as the other products.  I know it is intermittent but still it is always searching .. I guess the dongle could be taken out of computer and only put in to sync... would that help ??
dunno ..  
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome back @cassi123! Thanks for sharing your feedback, I wanted to assure you that we take into consideration all the comments provided by our users to continue improving your experience. 

At the moment, all Fitbit trackers keep searching for Bluetooth connection even when they are not near to a Dongle. However, since trackers transmit Bluetooth signal intermittently this lowers the exposure time to RF.

I hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you Mz Lucy : )
Best Answer

You are welcome, it's always my pleasure @cassi123! I'd like to encourage you to join us at the Discussions board.

There you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more!

Give it a look! 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes