Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Zip not working after battery change

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi.  My original Zip started acting up after I changed the battery in it.  The new battery (Duracell) showed as being dead within a week of putting it in.  I called Fitbit and they agreed the unit was defective, so sent me a replacement one.  The replacement one worked for a month and then needed a new battery.  I replaced it with a Duracell brand one and within a week it was showing as being dead.

What's up with getting two Zip's that have the same problem?  Should I try to get another replacement?

Thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Forums @RGP66! Thanks for sharing your experience with your Zip and for all the troubleshooting you tried before posting. You can try a couple of things before contacting Support. 

In this case, I would recommend checking the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your tracker will have battery issues when this is bent. The process can be followed here.

Also, you can try to set up your tracker as a replacement device. This can help you to see if the battery percentage on your Zip's screen is correct. 

Keep me posted with the outcome! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes