Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip accuracy and battery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A friend of mine upgraded her Fitbit and gave me her zip. Originally I wore a Vivofit2 on my wrist but wanted a clip on to avoid miscounted steps from using my arms. 

Today my husband and and I were out and did a normal routine. When we go to a warehouse club I used to average 1000-1200 steps but today the zip said not even 500. The night before I tried counting in target and would walk 25 steps and check and out of the four or five times I did this it only registered 2 times and one of them was only at most half the steps. I was attempting to wear on my bra, did the side of pants and that didn't work either. Considering my shoes but I don't wear shoes when running around my house. I love the fit but app but not sure what to do. 

Also the battery two days ago went red for a little while and got an email saying the batter needs replaced then it went back to full green and been there since. The friend did not give me the part to plug in my computer so not sure if it needs an update. Any help appreciated 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Nice to see you here @VirginiaDawn! This sounds odd. Please double check that your height is correct on your personal settings. Since your Fitbit uses height to estimate your walking and running stride lengths, you may want to measure and manually adjust these values if your legs are longer or shorter than average. For more information, see the help article How do I measure and adjust my stride length?

Also, you can try different locations. A shirt pocket, bra, pants pocket, belt, or waistband are all ideal places to wear your Zip.

placement zip.PNG

Regarding the battery message you received, I would recommend checking the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your tracker will have battery issues when this is bent. Here is a picture of how it should look like:

zipbent.jpg

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes