Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip & LG Compatibility...working now???

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

EDIT:  IT SYNCED!!!

My wife gave me a Fitbit Zip for my birthday.  I had no issues getting it to sync with our laptop, as she had hers synced with it already.  I tried to sync it to my phone, an LG Stylo 2, and I discovered it is not on the compatible phone list after it would not sync with the app on my phone.  I was very disappointed but was trying to make the best of it...love my thoughtful wifey.

My disappointment is now changed to hopeful anticipation.  I was just playing with the Fitbit and activated the app to see what I could do with the app even if it would not sync.  Google logged into the app for me as the info was saved [I uninstalled the app but reinstalled it trying to get the Fitbit to work].  It suddenly started to sync with the phone.  My phone asked for a code from the screen of the Fitbit and it is working now.  So, I am a happy camper all of a sudden.

To those people having issues, try this:

1) Register & set up your account from a laptop or desktop FIRST.

2) Download the app to your device.

3) Log into the app with the Fitbit nearby. 

4) Sync ithe Fitbit.

5) Enter code on Fitbit to the phone if it prompts you to do so..

I will try to post updates as to how it works and any other issues I have.

Tank you in advance for reading & hope this helps people out!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Thanks for stopping by @HisTreeNut! So good to hear that your tracker is syncing with your Android device.

Sometimes non compatible Android devices may meet all the requirements by the system allowing them to sync intermittently even when they are not listed. But, since it's not fully supported and tested by our development team this connectivity may not always be successful and some features will not be available.

Since your device isn't listed, you can check the link at a later date to see if device support has been added. To see the latest list of supported devices, please go to http://www.fitbit.com/devices. I appreciate your understanding while we work to improve this experience.

Keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes