Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip back won't open

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can not open zip back with tool. Coins, flat screwdriver etc. damage back opening. Any other suggestions 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Anniebd  over the years, I've seen a few people with this problem and I'm not sure there is an easy solution. Many who posted said they needed to break the cover piece in order to get to the battery, but there was no way to put it back in. Can you use a tiny flathead screwdriver, one used for eyeglasses to pry the back cover up? If it breaks, you can always put the zip into a little pouch. There are Zippo lighter pouches with a clip that you can wear like the Zip and it would protect the missing back portion. Sorry there isn't an easy answer to this for you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
Was able to open back by using very slight heat from hair dryer and wide flat head screwdriver. Working Very cautiously so as not to destroy tool gap on back. Once opened the fit bit tool worked fine to open.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

That was a brilliant way to get it open. I have a Zip using friend, so that tip may be needed one day. You can buy other cases for the Zip from Amazon in a variety of colors, too.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I bought one of those replacement backs but did not fit properly so ended up buying a discounted new fit bit which had the problem with opening the back and the battery that came with it was dead. The seller realized the battery would probably be dead since they got them second hand and sent an extra battery but it was the wrong one. Interesting experience but after getting back open and new battery the zip has been working great. Glad I got a good price on it new since the zip has been discontinued.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Zip friend says that only Energizer 2025 batteries from Amazon seem to work. Walmart Energizer batteries, the same size don't like to work. Evidently some Zips are as picky about their batteries as some of us humans are about our fitness devices!

Best Answer
0 Votes