Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Zip just disappears from the app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have a Fitbit Inspire 3 and a Fitbit Zip.  My aging Fitbit Zip was no longer closing its battery door well, so I just purchased a new (discontinued) Zip off of Amazon.  I removed the old one from the app, and paired the new one.  No issues or anything.  but I noticed that the app just randomly drops the new Zip from my account.  I try to sync and all of a sudden the Zip disappears from my Fitbit app devices list!

I go to Set Up a Device again, and it finds the Zip and I enter the code, and it pairs fine, but then after certain amount of time, it just drops the new Zip!  I have tried logging out of the app, logging back in.  Removing the Inspire 3 and the Zip, then adding the Zip first, then the Inspire 3.  Same result, for past few days.

Please help, if anybody has this issue.  When the Zip is paired, it syncs and counts my steps just fine.  I have tried changing the battery as well but I cannot understand why Fitbit just keeps dropping the new Zip from the app!  This never happened before with the old Zip.

Basically, during the day I wear a watch on my wrist which is why I like the Zip, to just clip it on my pocket to still count my steps.  Then after work, I sync with the app, and then I switch to the Inspire 3 and do my weight training and cardio with the Inspire 3 on my wrist.  Never any problem before, this just came up with new Zip, where Fitbit just makes the Zip disappear from devices list.

Thanks,

Emile

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hello?  Can anybody answer this?  It's still happening, I have to keep adding the Zip once or twice a day it's exhausting.

Best Answer

here are the support contacts I've gleaned over the years on the forums.

when there is someone available, chat is an option. Phone or Twitter works well, too.

https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support?language=en_US 

Support is limited by the number of representatives available at a given time and the hours of operation. Chat lines are open when they have live help.
USA: call (877) 623-4997
UK: call 0800 069 8505
INDIA: call 000 800 050 1057
IRELAND: call 01 691 7502 (country prefix: +353)
Other contact options:

USA: click

Canada: click for options

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes