Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip battery is draining quickly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It got engaged again during an update and draining my battery like crazy.  I just want to sync on demand.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@LeVuong your post has really nothing to do with the subject of this thread and the subject of this board. 

• Android now needs to be 8.0 or higher - 4.4 will not work 
  • The Zip clips to the waist. 
  • The Zip does not have the notification option 
  • The zip does not need a DND mode, since it does not have the option for notifications. 
  • As @Odyssey13 points out, the option to turn off all day sync has been removed. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I'm afraid Fitbit has removed that option. They say:

"To improve your experience with notifications, syncing, and firmware updates, we removed the option to turn off all-day sync from the Fitbit app. When your phone is near your Fitbit device with Bluetooth turned on, it periodically syncs with the Fitbit app to update your stats and download available firmware updates. More frequent syncing rarely, if ever, noticeably decreases your device’s battery life"

Taken from: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1877.htm

Best Answer
Omg...its draining my ZIP BATTERY like crazy
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have found a way to turn off auto sync! Go to phone settings -apps - fitbit - permissions - then turn off location access. You will.need to turn it back on when you want to sync but it's easier than turning off the Bluetooth which you probably use for other devices 🙂 hope this helps

Best Answer

Open the Settings app to review your phone settings. Confirm or adjust these settings:

• Android version—Verify that the Android version is 4.4 or higher. Find this setting under About Phone or About Device. 
  • Bluetooth—Bluetooth technology allows your phone to communicate with the Fitbit device. Verify that Bluetooth is on.
  • Do Not Disturb—This feature prevents your phone from sending notifications. Verify that Do Not Disturb is off. Find this setting under Sound and notification.
  • Notifications—Your phone must be set to receive notifications before they can be sent to your Fitbit device. Check these settings:
    • Make sure your phone receives notifications while locked. Find this setting under Sound and notification.
    • If your Fitbit device can receive app notifications, make sure you can receive app notifications on your phone. For example, you can receive Facebook notifications on your Fitbit device, but only if you also receive them on your phone. Find the notifications permissions under Sound and notification.
    • Make sure the Fitbit app is allowed to run in the background on your phone. For more information, see Why is the Fitbit app sending a notification to my Android phone?

Set up the notifications you want to receive on your wrist. Make sure your charged Fitbit device is nearby.

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap Notifications.
  3. Tap the type of notification you'd like to receive (Text Messages, Calendar Events, Emails, or App Notifications), and make sure it's turned on.
  4. Choose which apps can send notifications to your Fitbit device. For example, if you'd rather see text messages from WhatsApp than Messages, change the Text messaging (SMS) app setting. (You can only choose one app per category.) This list shows the most common apps for these features:
    • Phone app—Dialer
    • Text messaging (SMS) app—Messages
    • Calendar app—Calendar
    • Email—Email
  5. If your Fitbit device can receive notifications from other apps on your phone, tap App Notifications and make your choices. 
  6. If you want to require that only encrypted notifications can pass from your phone to your Fitbit device:
    1. Go back to the Notifications screen and tap Require encryption.
    2. Close and reopen the Fitbit app to start the bonding process required for sending encrypted data.
    3. If the bonding process fails, tap Re-enable and try again. Most phones bond immediately or after a few tries, but some phones can’t bond to your Fitbit device. See the list of devices with known issues at What should I know about using the Fitbit app on my Android device?
  7. If you receive messages in a language that doesn't use the Latin alphabet, for example Cyrillic or Arabic languages, your messages may not appear properly on your Fitbit device. To automatically convert unsupported characters into the closest Latin equivalent, tap Enable Transliteration.
  8. Sync your device. 

On the other hand, in regards to the All-Day Sync, turn it off:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LeVuong  link doesn't work or go where you said it would

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

@LeVuong your post has really nothing to do with the subject of this thread and the subject of this board. 

• Android now needs to be 8.0 or higher - 4.4 will not work 
  • The Zip clips to the waist. 
  • The Zip does not have the notification option 
  • The zip does not need a DND mode, since it does not have the option for notifications. 
  • As @Odyssey13 points out, the option to turn off all day sync has been removed. 
Best Answer

@LeVuong where are you seeing the option to turn off all day sync? It was removed early 2020. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer