Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip battery life comment!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This gadget drains batteries faster than any other device I've had.  Thank God  I received it free if not, I would take it back and get my money back!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
22 REPLIES 22

I set up new zip on Tuesday night and had low battery warning Thursday...

I bought this new zip because previous one, whilst still working, was needing a new battery every 2 weeks or so.

I'm constantly concerned about battery life all the time. Rapidly losing faith in Fitbit for which I used to be a strong advocate.

Best Answer

My original Fitbit was given to me as a gift and worked fine for several years. The battery seemingly lasted forever but probably for 6 months. However towards the end of its life I seemed to be replacing the batteries (2025) after increasingly shorter periods of use to the point that I dated the battery and noted replacing them weekly. I called the Helpline and someone on the other end advised me to lift the one electrode (the one at 12 o'clock) and straighten the other (at 4) which didn't work. Eventually I broke the electrode at 4 after fiddling with it repeatedly.

I decided to buy a new Zip and lo and behold I have the same problem with the battery indicating after two weeks that it needs replaced. What's to do? What's to do? No diagrams available to indicate that I may have placed the battery incorrectly and not good advice from the helpline. Anyone have any useful advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree wholeheartedly. Thanks for sharing. See my post under jfialkovz2.

MJF

Best Answer
0 Votes

If not for my job, I won't be using a zip. This device is not even worth the price it sells, even if it's half off or discounted for any reason. Battery life drains fast for a tiny little device. It's insane! It should not even be on any fitbit product lines. Samsung gear is great but my workplace, for some weird reason does not take samsung devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Help with this issue would be great. I went so far as to buy a second Fitbit. When I originally started having the problems with the battery, I thought it must be because it was a couple of years old. I get about 13,000 or more steps in a day so maybe that was too many. At any rate I started using the new Fitbit, I immediately put a new battery in assuming the other one had expired its six-month life. It's been 2 weeks and my Fitbit is already  indicating that my battery is low. New Fitbit and new battery. Any thoughts or solutions would be awesome.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Totally agree with your comments about the Zip!! Guess what I had to do last night AGAIN!!!??? Yup, you guessed it, replace the battery!!! I'm not sure the cost is worth it anymore!

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, take it back and get a refund and invest a different tracker!

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue as some of the others.  I have had my zip for a number of years, (almost 5, I think), and up until a couple of months ago, I only had to change the battery about every 6 months.  Now it tells me it needs to be replaced again, and that would be 3 in less than 3 months.  I had been thinking about buying another, but perhaps that might be a waste of money.  I use the zip every day, and have been very satisfied with it until recently.  It has me puzzled why a new one would drain the battery quickly, but that is what some others have said, and I have no reason to doubt them.  I am not sure that I will bother to get another.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My observation is that the Positive and negative electrods are not
functioning properly. I had a spare 2032 battery which seems to fit more
snugly and sofar works but it is only few days in.

I also have a Blaze which needs to be recharged every few days.
Unfortunately, it appears to be about a 1000 paces behind my Fitbit, which
is attached to my sock, when I walk at the end of the day.

If this doesn't work. I will call it quits and get some other device. I see
there is one that is a ring on one's finger, I think, it is called Motiv.

MJF
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for that info. I will try the 2032 battery the next time this one
wears out.

I see that you wear your Fitbit on your sock. I have a small cat collar but
it used to be a piece of velcro that I have my Fitbit on. At this point
because I have no place to go during the day except for my treadmill I wear
it all the time. Maybe it's just too much walking. I will try taking it
back off at night time also and see if that makes a difference.

Kat
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the tip. I wear it day and night.

MJF
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just changed the battery last week and low battery warning is on already! I am not happy with this Fitbit at all. Can anyone suggest a different simple tracker?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't get a Fitbit One!  We're having the same battery drain issues.  Mine lasted 2 hours today!

Best Answer
My 2032 battery fitted Fitbit was reporting that the battery was expiring
and then returned to normal. Sofar it has been working for about a week.
Who does one talk to about this defect? They should at least be informed of
the problem.

MJF
Best Answer
0 Votes

@FitTXDC wrote:

Don't get a Fitbit One!  We're having the same battery drain issues.  Mine lasted 2 hours today!

Well I guess we'll just have to keep looking. The battery that I put in my Fitbit last week had to be changed on Saturday I believe that was four whole days. I'm going to try changing the battery size to the one you suggested. Can't hurt to try. I'll let you know how that turns out meanwhile I guess we'll be looking for a new type of Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit replaced my previous Zip with a new one. However, the battery lasted only a couple weeks. Going to hold off until Fitbit has a solution. batteries are not inexpensive

Best Answer
0 Votes

My battery is only lasting a few days. I can't keep spending 5 bucks a pop! Is this a common problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Feel free to check out @EdgarFitbit 's solution here: Zip Battery Draining

Hope it helps

Best Answer
0 Votes
Here we go again
Best Answer
0 Votes