Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip battery not lasting & won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought my zip in December. The original battery lasted until 5/18/17 to be exact. I installed a new battery the next day. Battery reading after 2 days of use "medium". Now, it will not sync as of 5/27/17. The screen on the zip is blank. Changed batteries this morning. Still blank screen. I don't want to remove Zip because if the screen is blank I can't add it correct?

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

I'm jealous! My Zip battery only lasted one week! Looking for help...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. My battery only seems to last days and now won't sync

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did a live chat yesterday with Fitbit product support. The fellow had me try some different things, and we determined that every time I adjusted the battery, it gave a different reading. Sometimes it showed up green on my fit bit app, sometimes yellow, and sometimes red. I think that the space for the battery is too big, and allows the battery to slide around a little bit, or to lose contact when we put the backing on the case. In my situation, the battery was actually fine, but I think the Fitbit Zip was allowing the battery to slide around. They are sending me a new Fitbit Zip at no cost. I would recommend that you do the live chat with their customer support. Best wishes!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I'm wondering if the Fitbit experts will respond to our issue. My Zip is less than 6 months old. I'm beginning to think none of these Fitbit trackers last. I have a Surge & it had to be replaced less than year because it stopped syncing. It kept track of steps but this Zip is doing nothing. Annoying as hell! If I don't hear from Fitbit soon I'm done with Fitbit trackers. An Apple Watch will be next purchase.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I will. 

Best Answer

It's so frustrating. I've noticed today my steps have actually gone backwards too! How can that happen! It's ashame as it keep me on track with exercise. 

Best Answer

I am sorry that you have had so much trouble with trackers. This is my first experience with the tractor. I sure hope it works out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I never imagined that steps could go backward! Even when I removed my battery yesterday, trying to move it around to make contact inside the case, it still somehow remembered the steps that I had already done that day. It did not lose any steps for me. Try fit bit support chat. I hope it works out for you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've taken the battery out and fiddled with it but it's still showing low the whole time. I've changed it again and will see how it goes. Just glad I'm not the only one, but sorry to see so many having issues. Thanks for the advice 

Best Answer

Sorry, Leahath. Hope it gets worked out for you! Keep up the good work, exercising!  👍

Best Answer

Thank you x

Best Answer

Awesome help @AnnHa! Smiley Very Happy Nice to see you here @Shar81 and @Leahath! Thanks for sharing your experience with Fitbit Zip. @Leahath So good to see that @AnnHa was able to help and you are back on track! 😉 

@Shar81 Have you tried restarting your tracker and checking the inside spring? Please confirm that you have follow those steps so I can be of more help. 

Keep me posted! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes