Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early low battery warnings

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I replaced a Charge HR with a Zip about a month ago.  I am happy with the Zip but I believe the battery level is unreliable.  On a fairly regular basis, I get low battery warnings and the indicator goes to red.  But if I wait awhile, the indicator again reads full.  I tap the Zip.  I sync it.  Once I opened it and put the battery in again.  I am not sure what I do to fix it but I have not had to replace the battery despite false warnings.

Am I the only one having this issue?  Is there an explanation for the apparently random warnings?  

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

I liked the Fitbit One.....  Lost it and when I went to replace it, they had a Zip so I decided to try it out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

FYI - my data reset last night after midnight and now it seems to be working OK again (knocking on wood!)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great tips @SunsetRunner! Thanks for joining us @MaidinKent,and @Fran321! To ensure that your tracker is working properly, please restart it. Also, check that the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your tracker will have battery issues when this is bent. Here is a picture of how it should look like:

zipbent.jpg

I hope this helps, keep me posted! Smiley Wink 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

Awesome tips @Tete, Welcome @Cunever, @meandyou, @KRdA@KRdA, and @NewZipMay17! Thanks for sharing your experience with Fitbit Zip. To ensure that your tracker is working properly, please restart it. Also, check that the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your tracker will have battery issues when this is bent. Here is a picture of how it should look like:

zipbent.jpg

@Daveecook It's good to hear that you are happy with your Ftibit Charge 2! Thank you for spreading your love for Fitbit products. Keep in mind that you can always participate in our Charge 2 board and you can join us at Discussions board

I hope this helps, keep me posted! Smiley Wink 

Best Answer

Hi Lucy

Yes, thank you for your advice.  However, I have checked this and it has always been fine.  It's an expensive mystery isn't it?

Best Answer

I checked and  restarted.   And checked and restarted.  Many times.  I agree with crying wolf.  When the battery finally did die (for real), I lost a half day of steps because I doubted.  .  

I wondered if the problem was in the battery that came with the Zip.  I replaced it with a new Energizer which has a due date of 2025.  I will be curious to see how long it lasts and how it behaves.  Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply.

Best Answer
Thank you Lucie!
Appreciate the tips.
Will check those out.
Tim
Best Answer
hi , sorry to hear that,my original battery lasted for ever, I change mine
once every year , you need to buy a good one and the right one .
Best Answer

I have used 3 batteries in the last week on my zip.  I only received it for christmas.  This is getting pretty expensive to say the least.  Maybe time to buy a rechargeable one?  I like the zip because I don't wear a watch  I see posts about the batteries not lasting long, so is it time to go the a wrist type?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @MaidinKent and @Fran321@Fran321 Please let me know if after changing the battery you continue experiencing this issue. I'd love to continue assisting you. 

@MaidinKent To further assist you, I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Keep me posted! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tete Awesome tip @Tete! As you recommended, using a new and a good quality 3V coin battery, CR2025 can be of help. Also, this can help you to increase your Zip's lifespan.

Thanks for the reply @Cunever! Please let me know if you need extra help. 😉 In the meantime, don't forget to join us at the Discussions board. Give it a look! 

It's great to have you here @INSDER0005! Have you tried the suggestions on my previous post? If they don't help, please let me know so I can assist you further. Keep in mind that your Zip's battery should last up to 6 months with regular use. To get the most out of your battery, make sure your Zip is on the latest version. You can check  the instructions for an update by following this help article.

Catch you later! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bought my new ZIP to replace a Charge that did not keep a charge over 7 hours. You said battery life for Zip is six months. I have it 6 days and the battery says it need replacing. What gives?

Best Answer

Am so frustrated with my zip.  bought new battery but it keeps going on and off....I have to keep touching it to get it started and then it doesn't look like it records my steps.

Have had the Zip for 3 yrs and have been very happy with it up till now.  Am thinking I will just put it in the drawer.  Have tried all suggestions to get it working.

Best Answer

@FollowmeBell and @quintegirl It's nice to see new faces around! Thanks for sharing your feedback about Fitbit Zip. Can you please confirm that you have followed this suggestions Also, check for an update sometimes this can be of help. To update your Zip follow the instructions on this help article

Keep me posted! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, just this minute and I have been up for a few hrs...the number 5.86
came up again....I have tried all your suggestions and nothing works. I
have to tap it repeatedly and finally I get some stats but it now is back
to 0.
So frustrating.
Best Answer
hi , sorry I just got your message , it is very strange I have two if them
and never had a problem , call fit bit technical support , they are great
have them trouble shoot it and see what happens, I sorry I was not a great
help .tete
Best Answer
Thanks for the reply.
Best Answer

Hi,

I had to come back on this thread to say a huge "thank you" to you and your customer service team.  I was mightily fed up with my Zip but all angry thoughts about Fitbit have been cast aside.  I cannot say enough about a company that goes to such trouble and care for a customer, a customer with their lowest entry price point item at that, and resolves all their Fitbit related problems.  Seriously, there are very few companies in my experience that do care enough to go the extra mile that I have experienced with Fitbit.  Normally, if there's a problem with something you have had for over a year, you have to jump through hoops, send the item back, etc. etc. etc.

So, in short, having moaned about my Zip on your message boards, I wanted to publicly say a big "thank you" to Fitbit.   😀

Best Answer

Thank you very much for your feedback @MaidinKent! This help us to keep improving our products and services. Smiley Very Happy I'm really happy to hear that Customer support was able to get you back on track. 

Also, I'd like to encourage you to join us at Discussions board, there you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more! Give it a look! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issues.  it was doing fine until about 3-4 months ago, battery died, put in another, and same day it read low, symbol would come and go, died last night.  I did the cleaning and gentle prying of the contacts as suggested put a new battery back in, now it will not come on.  My husband has a voltmeter checked the old battery and the new battery they both read 1.6 for the old battery 1.95 for the new battery in the zip will not come on.  I'm going to call customer service today.

Best Answer