Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early low battery warnings

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I replaced a Charge HR with a Zip about a month ago.  I am happy with the Zip but I believe the battery level is unreliable.  On a fairly regular basis, I get low battery warnings and the indicator goes to red.  But if I wait awhile, the indicator again reads full.  I tap the Zip.  I sync it.  Once I opened it and put the battery in again.  I am not sure what I do to fix it but I have not had to replace the battery despite false warnings.

Am I the only one having this issue?  Is there an explanation for the apparently random warnings?  

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

Just to say, you are NOT alone.  I have had this issue virtually since I bought my Fitbit Zip, 18 months ago.  Don't have an answer but shall keep an eye on your post 🙂

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

The dashboard for the Zip, the email notifications, and the Zip itself have always complained spuriously to me about the low battery condition. The battery state report *is* unreliable.

However, even though it "cries wolf" quite often, my Zip has never exhausted its battery without telling me about it. Put another way, one of those false alarms about the battery being low is correct: just the last one, though.

It's a hard engineering problem. The level of exhaustion of the lithium batteries (non-rechargeable primary cells) cannot be easily determined by the voltage of the battery. They maintain their voltage quite steadily (depending on temperature) until they very rapidly drop dead.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi pedestrian

Thanks very much for your reply.  Yes, I know about the “crying wolf” battery warning and have lived with it almost since it was brand new, albeit with some annoyance.  However, just lately it has told me the battery is low (it really isn’t) and decides to start back to zero wiping out my steps for the day.  This, to me, is definitely not acceptable.  After all, what is the point of my Fitbit?  

Whatever the problem is, I own a product which is not fulfilling its purpose because of its utter unreliability!

I’ve had enough to be honest.  

All the best
Best Answer

i have used up 3 batteries in  he last 10 days. what could cause this?

Best Answer

did you get an answer to your battery question?  mine is doing the same thing, going through batteries.  let me know

Best Answer

I hadn't had any battery problems until recently.  I changed it last week, then last night and when I check my Zip it sometimes appears to be off.  Then it comes back on.  That means (to me anyway) it isn't going to get all my steps / calories.  My Zip isn't that old (since August 2016), so anyone have any thoughts?

Best Answer
0 Votes

(After I figured out how to put it in) My first battery went FAST! When the second one seemed to be going in the same direction I took it off and let it sit for a bit and it kind of reset. I don't wear my Zip all the time so that probably helps the life span of the battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today, after I put a new battery in last night, my Zip would all of a sudden go blank, then come back.  Also, it seems to get 'stuck' and the time doesn't change nor do steps get counted.  I re-sync'd and it resets the time to current, but I have still lost all the steps that happened between the old time and the reset time.  Very annoying!!! 

Fitbit support:  Any input / help?????

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having same problem.  Received and set up my Fitbit Zip on May 2 and here on May 10 it's already showing battery at 'medium'.  I posted comments on this in general, but also so others have not received any response from Fitbit.

Best Answer

if you put it the right way , you will never have a problem , they are great and the motivate me to keep moving, you can buy battery and any market or pharmacy

Best Answer
0 Votes

New issue today.....  this morning my steps and calories from yesterday have carried over.  The time is current and the miles have reset though!!!!  I don't want to have to buy a new device, but I need something reliable, as the steps count for points on a work program that gets me a discount on Health Insurance!!!

Fitbit Support:  Any input on this item since you haven't replied to anyone yet???

Best Answer
Happy to reply but have no solid input for you, sorry.
I have a year or two old Zip that all of a sudden started eating up a new battery every couple of days. Probably the end of the road for it. I think I'm going to upgrade. Not sure which model I should get. Anybody have a recommendation?
Best Answer
What do you mean specifically
"if i put it the right way" ??
Best Answer
0 Votes
hi , if you go to bed after midnight it will carry over, call fit bit Corp
they have a very nice team to help any of us if we need help , since you
are registered they will help you how to reboot and any questions that you
have .
Battery​ must be old if you are having that problem , good luck
Best Answer

Thanks...my battery came with the fitbit, and I received and set it up about 9 days ago.  Interestingly, last night  and today, it wouldn't sync up with my phone app.  Then suddenly around noon today it synced up and all of a sudden my battery shows "full"'.  A friend of mine with the Alta was having same issues.  She had completed a 5K last Saturday, and the steps didnt show up untl today.  Kind of odd, but I'm more aware now that this seems to be an issue for many of us.

Best Answer
0 Votes
hi , so sorry to hear that, must call the company , they have fabulous
people in technical support, even if battery comes with it some times they
will grow old , the have help me so many time , I do trust them , and they
are available I think 24/7 . take care .
Best Answer
0 Votes
thanks. appreciate the comback. stay well.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I really like the Charge 2, because it is great for recording runs.  I usually run with my iPhone, but it also recognizes that I am running, even when I don't start the run function or carry the iPhone.  Also, it gives more information on REM and other sleep measures--better than the Alta.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Dave.
Best Answer
0 Votes