Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip eating batteries!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Zip has started to get through one well-known branded (not a cheap one) battery every six days. 

I have looked around and it appears that they should last up to six months, certainly this “less than a week” is totally unexpected and unacceptable.

A few posts around the web talk about changing settings to improve battery life, but none of them say what settings or where I can find them.

What can I do to improve battery life?  Although I have never got six months out of a battery, I have previously got more then six measly days!

NW UK
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Turning off automatic sync seems to have cracked it.

I'm still using the same battery I inserted when Williger posted his reply.

NW UK

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Anxious to see other replies... I have the exact same problem:  one battery (good brand) per week...or less.  Thanks for posting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly, that seems to be the way in which Zips die.  Mine have ended up in the washer more times than I care to remember.  I'm always able to remove the battery, dry them out, and get them working again.  Unfortunately, they sometimes then end up going through batteries in about a week.  Occasionally, the low battery indicator comes on when the battery doesn't make good contact.  Removing and reinstalling the battery will clear that up.  Be patient, though.  Sometimes the low battery indicator will stay on for a few minutes after you put the battery back in.  If you try all of this and the Zip still falls dead after a week of use, I don't know of anything you can do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pop the battery and with your finger raise the metal tab so it makes better contact with the battery. Also, turn off automatic sync and do it manually. I'll get at least a few weeks out of mine this way. Additionally, CR2025 batteries are very cheap in bulk on eBay. Cheers!

Best Answer

Turning off automatic sync seems to have cracked it.

I'm still using the same battery I inserted when Williger posted his reply.

NW UK
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oops!  I seem to have credited my last post as "Best Answer" and I can't seem to uncredit it.  I meant to credit Williger - apologies!

NW UK
Best Answer
0 Votes

@iBozz I appreciate the afterthought and glad the tip got you working again. Cheers!

Best Answer

FYI, I couldn't find a way to turn this feature off on my new Zip in the current iOS app, and I talked to customer support and they said there's no way to turn automatic syncing off. 

Best Answer
0 Votes