Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip loses all data twice in one day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My zip lost all data, including the correct time of day, two times in one day.  I had logged 20,000 steps by 1PM and by  3 PM it was showing 0 steps for the day.   Then about 6PM it showed 0 steps again.  I had not synced it yet for the day, and the battery was fairly new.   The next day it lost all data, except for the time of day, one time late in the afternoon.  Two days of  little  or no activity synced.  Then all was fine on the third day with no changes on my part and has been working fine since.   Arrggghhhh.   Can you help?

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to this thread @happytrekker, those are really helpful details. Thanks for trying those steps! Smiley Happy

Thanks for sharing your experience with Fitbit Zip. Sorry about your missing steps, I know how difficult is sometimes to get that amount of steps. Please in case that you haven't do so, check if the back of the battery is clean and if the battery door is not broken or loose; as it might be causing this issues. 

Other tips:

• Place the battery back into the tracker with the "+" side facing up, and close the door
  • Buy a 3V coin battery, CR2025
  • Try to sync your Fitibt before changing the battery since data could be lost if your tracker if is not synced. If the battery is loose, it might be causing that data lost that you've mentioned
  • Maybe you've already tried this, but why don't your open the back of your Zip and clean the place where you put the battery using a cotton swab. Make sure that the little metal piece that makes contact with the battery is not bend or rusty too.

zip.PNG

Then you can try to sync your tracker again, time and steps will be updated automatically. You can check how to do so here:  Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

If that's not working, we might have to check what is the next options with our support team.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer