Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip needs pause function

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Zip counts hundreds and hundreds of steps when I drive my truck.  Sometimes it counts thousands of steps if I drive for a long time.  This makes my Zip useless.  You need to build in a PAUSE function, that i can activate when I get into my truck, and turn off when I leave it.  The PAUSE function could be a Long Press on the screen to turn off, and another long press to turn the Zip back on.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

There are a couple ways around this, since there is no PAUSE funtion currently availale. You can plug it into a charger while you are driving or you can create the manual activity "driving" to overwrite steps, calories, etc for the time period you are driving. Since you're driving on a regular basis, you might want to look into something like the 3rd party app "DriveBit," which you can activate while you're driving and will create that activity automatically for you. I would also suggest heading over to the feature request forum to add your vote to a similar request. There is at least one over there. Best of luck!

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Zip-Needs-Pause,

For whatever it's worth, I had put in a feature request for automatic driving activity based on bluetooth connection.  You may read it and vote for it (there) if you agree.

Sorry if it seems like a bit of self-promotion.  Smiley Embarassed

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer