Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip not always syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried to force sync my ZIP now for 3 hours and it will not sync.  I have turned blue on and off, uninstalled the app and reinstalled the app.  I am afraid to disconnect ZIP because I don't want to lose my 20,000 steps today.  I tried pairing and I get the error couldn't pair with ZIP check your ZIP settings...It worked  yesterday and nothing has changed...SOOOOOOOOO Frustrating.  I have had Fitbits since 2012 and it seems be getting to complicated to get anything to work....:(

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @CannotSync7 and @cleeS1948! Please receive a warm welcome to the Fitbit Family! It's great to see you participating in our Community @CoopchanSmiley Wink

Thanks for the steps that you already try to fix this syncing issues @Coopchan, if your Fitbit Zip was tracking and saving in its memory those 20,000 steps; it should remain there even if you disconnect it from the Fitbit account. If you're still having syncing issues with your Zip try the next steps to fix it:

1. Turn off your phone and try the restart again a couple of times.
  2. Open Bluetooth Setting on your phone and forget Zip from there and Turn off the Bluetooth
  3. Force quite your Fitbit App and then go back to Account to delete your Zip from there too
  4. Restart your Fitbit
  5. Force quite the App and Turn back on the Bluetooth to "Set up your Zip" back to the Account

If you encounter any issue let me know with details, so I can further assist you. But I'm pretty sure that these steps will do the trick. It's important to confirm that you syncing device is listed here and is up to date. 

Note: Make sure your phone and Fitbit App are up to date. And for Android phones take a look of this tips for syncing from @ErickFitbitCat Happy

Let's give it a try and please keep me postedHeart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I am having the same problem. Synced 4 hours ago. Zip will not sync now with either iPhone or Mac.

Best Answer

my last successful sync was 7/6/18 -- Interesting.  Hope they fix it soon.

Best Answer

Hi @CannotSync7 and @cleeS1948! Please receive a warm welcome to the Fitbit Family! It's great to see you participating in our Community @CoopchanSmiley Wink

Thanks for the steps that you already try to fix this syncing issues @Coopchan, if your Fitbit Zip was tracking and saving in its memory those 20,000 steps; it should remain there even if you disconnect it from the Fitbit account. If you're still having syncing issues with your Zip try the next steps to fix it:

1. Turn off your phone and try the restart again a couple of times.
  2. Open Bluetooth Setting on your phone and forget Zip from there and Turn off the Bluetooth
  3. Force quite your Fitbit App and then go back to Account to delete your Zip from there too
  4. Restart your Fitbit
  5. Force quite the App and Turn back on the Bluetooth to "Set up your Zip" back to the Account

If you encounter any issue let me know with details, so I can further assist you. But I'm pretty sure that these steps will do the trick. It's important to confirm that you syncing device is listed here and is up to date. 

Note: Make sure your phone and Fitbit App are up to date. And for Android phones take a look of this tips for syncing from @ErickFitbitCat Happy

Let's give it a try and please keep me postedHeart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes