Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip not counting steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my zip since May 2014.  Recently, it's stopped counting steps.  Time and smileys still work, so it's not a battery issue.  Is this fixable, or does it mean my zip is dead?

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @bookw0rm - Have you tried a restart of your Zip? Really simple - Just remove the battery and wait a moment, then replace it. Let us know if that helps...

Best Answer
Maybe the battery is the issue, but now it's not displaying at all, even with a new battery.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Correction: it's working now but randomly comes & goes.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Good to hear! You may want to consider a replacement at some point. Enjoy the weekend!
Best Answer

Same thing has happend to mine.  Did you get an answer?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've put in two new batteries to make sure that they weren't duds.  It does not track steps. Everything else seems to work fine.  This is my second Fibit and I'm a little nervouse about buying another tracker from fitbit.  I was looking a the Fit Bit Charge 2 but will need to do more research to determine if there are problems with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi @sumo - How long have you had your Zip?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Seems room be a short in the battery connection. Synced this morning; just did it again because time was 4 hours slow.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've been a member since October 2013. They replaced my first Fitbit sometime in 2014 . So this Fitbit is about two years old.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Okay, I was just curious if it was still under warranty.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, it been a while this this issue was mentioned here. So I wonder how it goes @sumo and @bookw0rm? I offer you my apologies for not answering sooner but I see you were assisted by @Ozzie65.

In case the issue persist if the Zip come and goes as you mentioned @bookw0rm. Probably is a shortcut but it might be also a bad battery connection. Sometimes the side spring may be bent as a result of improper battery insertion or pressure being applied to the back housing or simple by daily usage. So the best is to verify that there is proper contact between the battery and the battery contacts inside your Zip tracker. You can do this by opening the battery door of your Zip, removing your battery, and ensuring that the silver battery tab located in the lower right half of your tracker is flush with the white box outline in the tracker housing. For additional information check this post from @Rich_Laue.

@sumo If you want information about the Charge 2 please visit our web site to learn more about the features of the new tracker: https://www.fitbit.com/charge2

If the issue persist or you have more questions, let me know. I'll be around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've also been talking to technical support; the conclusion is that it's toast.  The problem is either the battery connection or the the cover; it comes and goes.  They've offered me a discount on a new one, since it's out of warrnaty; waiting for payday.

It keeps count intermitenly, and, when I'm not near the computer, loses large chuncks of time.  Since it's also doubling as my watch, not good.  Hope to be able to replace it soon

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bookw0rm thanks for the update! I'm truly sorry to hear about your buddy. Cat Sad I believe a 25% discount is a great alternative to try out a new Fitbit tracker. You can stick to the Zip which is pretty cool or dive into an ocean of possibilities by checking out other Fitbit trackersCat Wink

Thanks a million for your patience and efforts on troubleshooting this issue. See you around! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes