Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip not responding after a long time not using it

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My daughter lost her Zip around 2 years ago and recently found it. It would not respond. I changed the battery and it still won't respond. Nothing is working. I tried syncing it to see if it would respond but it didn't. Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @MiriamLewis

Could be you just need to clean the connections on the Zip, especially if the battery was corroded when you removed it. Remove the battery. Take some rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab and clean the area. Be sure to let it dry before replacing the battery and make sure the battery is the correct size. CR2025 is the suggested battery, but the CR2032 is a tad larger.

Let us know what happens.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @MiriamLewis! Thanks for sharing that you already tried changing the battery of your daughter's old Zip. If after trying @Odyssey13's great advise, please post back so I can continue assisting you. 

I look forward for your reply! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

Thank you. I have tried just that now and it is still not responding any other suggestions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @MiriamLewis! I appreciate that you have confirm that you have tried the suggested troubleshoot.  

To further assist you, I've created a Support case on your behalf. You should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Keep me posted if you have any other question.

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer