Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip not syncing. Device suddenly can't be found!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been using my Zip for years with very few problems but suddenly on Monday it decided not to sync any more.  I have tried both the app (on my iPhone) and on my Mac (with the dongle), to no avail.  Neither the phone nor the computer can see the Zip. I tried turning off the bluetooth and restarting my iPhone.  Not sure what else to try?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Mine finally did sync after I installed a new battery even though the old
one was still 60%. Took forever to adjust to the time and I did lose steps
for 1/2 the day. It nearly always takes many tries and "device cannot be
founds" to "refresh" and produce a result every day. Frustrating, but I
really don't want another type of device.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

I'm having the same issue, but with an Android phone.

Best Answer

I have a fitbit zip which is only showing the date and is not registering my steps since Wednesday. 

Best Answer

mine too ever since the storm earlier this month.  I chatted to get help but what they told me to do didn

t work   I am hoping its a software problem that needs to sync the fit bit zip with the iPhone updates that have been happening

PLEASE fix this before I buy another tracking device, counting my steps is important to me

thanks

Best Answer

Mine stopped last night and didn't register all the steps for the day.  Nothing for today despite a new battery, though the old was medium strength.

Best Answer

It's so frustrating. My Zip hasn't synced in 7 WEEKS!!! What's happened? Win10 update? Nothing Fitbit suggests works. Has anyone figured it out?

Best Answer
It's been weeks! Not connecting on Android phone nor kindle tablet!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Me 2. I love my zip. I have also tried everything even used my other new zip. Get 6500 steps then won't sync.

Best Answer
Mine finally did sync after I installed a new battery even though the old
one was still 60%. Took forever to adjust to the time and I did lose steps
for 1/2 the day. It nearly always takes many tries and "device cannot be
founds" to "refresh" and produce a result every day. Frustrating, but I
really don't want another type of device.
Best Answer

My Zip is now synching pretty well, but just to my android phone. My Kindle still won't recognize the zip, but will update through my phone. SO... Phone it is!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Zip is now synching steps pretty well, but only to my android phone. My Kindle still won't recognize it, but will update from my phone. I can still enter exercise, water, etc on my Kindle. Weird cyber world!!!😃

Best Answer
Exactly I love my zip cant have anything on my wrist. I'm having same problem.  It was working fine till yesterday.  I even opened my new zip and tried that new battery same problem 🙃 Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Sorry I forgot to update.  My original post was over a month ago and no one had answered, so I didn't bother.  I did change the battery, even though the battery in it was less than a week old.  That set it straight.  Very strange. Hope others find resolution.  I love my Zip and I wish FitBit would stop focussing on watches and wrist devices and come back to a good pocket device.  I can't wear anything on my wrist most of the time (not even a watch), so the Zip is a perfect solution for me!

Best Answer
I did post a while ago. I removed the battery from my zip, gave it a clean and replaced it and it sprang into life. It has been working ever since. Very strange.
--
Sent from myMail for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to me today

Best Answer
0 Votes

My zip is working perfectly, however same issue.  Will not sync for several days, system can't find it with laptop or android app. Tried all the suggestions reset, new battery, turn connections off & on and nothing works.  I hate losing all my steps I did and not getting credit.  Just assume will work eventually, I hope.  Do not want a new device/ watch.   

Best Answer

Within the last week I have been having similar issues. It goes dark, it restarts on its own, it displays the wrong time, it stops counting my steps. I'm so bummed! I really don't want to wear my tracker on my wrist -- the Zip is such a better option for me. I hope the people at Fitbit update the software so we don't have these glitches anymore!

Best Answer