Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip not syncing; Windows 10 laptop

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Brand new Fitbit Zip; using the wireless dongle with Windows 10 to sync but no luck. Based on other postings and FAQ, I've removed/reinserted battery, uninstalled/reinstalled fitbit app but still nothing.  When using instructions in the Help section, the instructions do not match up. For example, under advanced settings, there is no automatic syncing option showing on my dashboard. Needless to say, I am very frustrated. The Humana Gear pedometer was very simple to use and sync; can't say the same for the Fitbit Zip.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @RetiredNKY nice to see you on the Forums! Thanks for the suggestion @Odyssey13.

Congrats on you new Fitbit! Let me give you a hand with this. I think that we need to confirm the steps one more time. 

1. Make sure you've downloaded the Fitbit app here.
  2. Log in using your email and Fitbit password.
  3. Plug in your Wireless Dongle

Then click on the Account icon, you will see it on the upper right corner of the DashboardUser-added imagewin10 dashboard21.PNG

In advance settings you will find the option "Fitbit Connect Classic Mode":

win10 classic mode.PNG

The options that you mentioned in your post are more related to the Fitbit.com Dashboard, we can use that option to see stats from any browser. But we don't have the option to sync from there, you need to open the Fitbit App to synchronize.

Hope this helps.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hello and welcome to the forums @RetiredNKY

You don't need a dongle to sync with Windows 10, if your computer came with it originally. You would need a dongle if you had a previous version of Windows on there and upgraded to 10. This article is for trouble syncing - click to read

You have a mobile device that you sync to?

Anyway, let us know how things go. I've notified a moderator that you need a bit of assistance, so expect one to pop in with some help.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Thank you for your prompt response. I am using a laptop which was upgraded to Windows 10 so the wireless dongle would be needed. Windows acknowledged setting up the device. No bluetooth, no smart phone, just the laptop. I had already read the link you provided before posting to the community board.

Needless to say I am beyond frustrated and I've only had this Fitbit Zip for less than a week. It will not automatically sync and I cannot force a sync by removing/reinstalling battery. I've deleted and reinstalled the Fitbit app via Windows Shop twice. The help article on How to Sync while nicely detailed, I'm unable to get there. In reviewing the other community postings, it's apparent I am not the only one experiencing syncing problems. What am I overlooking? Lord knows this is not rocket science.

On Windows 10 computers with a USB port, you can automatically sync the devices in your household or other immediate space (about 20 feet):

1. Plug in the dongle that came in the box with your device. Yes, I did that
  2. From the Fitbit app dashboard, click the Account icon (User-added image). There is no Account icon on my Dashboard however there is Settings
  3. Tap or click Advanced Settings. Yes, I did that but surprise! - there is no Fitbit Connect Classic Mode available. I have copied/pasted what is listed under my Advance Settings
  4. Turn on the option Fitbit Connect Classic Mode.

Advanced Settings

FOOD DATABASE
United States Toggle FOOD DATABASE Open
UNITS
Feet/Inches, Pounds, Fluid Ounces (oz) Toggle UNITS Open
START WEEK ON
Sunday Toggle START WEEK ON Open
CLOCK DISPLAY TIME
12 hour Toggle CLOCK DISPLAY TIME Open
LANGUAGE BY REGION/COUNTRY
United States (English) Toggle LANGUAGE BY REGION/COUNTRY Open
TIMEZONE
(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada) Toggle TIMEZONE Open
SLEEP SENSITIVITY
Normal Toggle SLEEP SENSITIVITY Open
STRIDE LENGTH
Edit Toggle STRIDE LENGTH Open
HEART RATE ZONES
Edit Toggle HEART RATE ZONES Open
Best Answer

Hi @RetiredNKY nice to see you on the Forums! Thanks for the suggestion @Odyssey13.

Congrats on you new Fitbit! Let me give you a hand with this. I think that we need to confirm the steps one more time. 

1. Make sure you've downloaded the Fitbit app here.
  2. Log in using your email and Fitbit password.
  3. Plug in your Wireless Dongle

Then click on the Account icon, you will see it on the upper right corner of the DashboardUser-added imagewin10 dashboard21.PNG

In advance settings you will find the option "Fitbit Connect Classic Mode":

win10 classic mode.PNG

The options that you mentioned in your post are more related to the Fitbit.com Dashboard, we can use that option to see stats from any browser. But we don't have the option to sync from there, you need to open the Fitbit App to synchronize.

Hope this helps.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thank you for your assistance and feedback but go figure, the Zip synced today which I discovered when I was going to follow your instructions. Who knows why as nothing has changed. I hope others who have difficulties with this gadget are experiencing the same pleasant surprise. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!!!  Didn't realize I had to download an app for Windows 10 from the Microsoft store (free)!  I still have the app on my phone, and even though the tracker itself showed data (old zip) it wasn't showing up on leaderboard or anything (my friends  were wondering if I was ok).  Looks good now, thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RoibiT   Fitbit moderators, like @YojanaFitbit , really are the best. Thanks for letting us know that you're back and your friends don't have to wonder about you. Keep on stepping!

Best Answer

Where will I fin "Settings" and advance settings?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JLMfitzip  this thread is at least a year old, so the settings might not look like the images posted. In your dashboard, click on your name (upper left on my Android) and scroll to see the settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes