Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip not syncing when out of the country

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was recently out of the country, and my Zip fitbit  did not track my steps.  How do I make it possible to track my steps and sync to my account?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome aboard to our Community @mjbobroff. In order to sync you need mobile data from your network provider and if you went out of the country and you don't have access to Internet, it possible that your tracker wont sync. Unless you are connected to Wi-fi, but your bluetooth must be On and with the option of all Day sync turn On for your tracker automatically syncs. Otherwise is require to open the app and tap on Syn now.

This option can be found on your Account Tab > Select the Tracker's tile and you will have available this option.

Of course this is only in the scenario  you described, if your tracker is does not sync either when you have access to Internet from your mobile device, I recommend to review this post for additional help: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this) Here are different instructions for syncing issues based on the type of device you have. 

Now I'm curious to know if your Zip was able to recording your steps, based on what you mentioned on your post? Or it was just a problem that was not syncing?

Let me know how it goes, I 'll be around if you need more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, RobertoFitbit. I won't be trying your solution until my next foreign trip in several months. In answer to your q: yes, my Zip records steps and miles for the day when I am traveling, but the day is still on my home time in St Louis, MO, and it doesn't sync, so I don't have a weekly record.

michael
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @mjbobroff, Sure, just remember that this scenario I commented before is only if you are syncing fine when you are in MO or you have access to Internet from your phone. 

If the Timezone is not changing, when you are traveling perhaps you don't have your app settings on Auto-timezone. Although you can change the Timezone manually for your time stay accurate.

If you have an iOS this can be found on Account > Advanced Settings.

If your device is Android, go to the side bar menu located in the three horizontal lines of the left upper corner > Select Account > Settings (Gear Icon on the right corner) and in the Location section you will find the Timezone settings.

If your steps are not syncing in a daily basis, then I recommend to review my previous suggestion with the troubleshooting steps for syncing issues.

See you around. If you have more questions you can find me here.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes