Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip not syncing with iPhone 6

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

At the end of each day when I manually synch to my iphone 6, the step count on fitbit app is correct (matches the Zip tracker), then the total step count for the day changes on the fitbit app the next day! This does not happen every day of the week, usually just a couple of days each week. This issue started happening about 30 days ago, I changed to a new zip battery about 45 days ago (I have had my Zip for one year and my average battery life is 90 days!) My iphone 6 is always updated to the most current IOS release and was just updated a few days ago and I am still having this synch issue with the fit bit app. Suggestions?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Nice to see you here @JaneAZ!

Thanks for sharing all those details. About the total amount of steps that are changing on the Fitbit app, I'd like to check with you if you're not either manually logging exercises or using Mobile Track. Are you getting more or less steps? Do you have screenshots of this?

About the syncing issues with your Zip, let's confirm the basic things here: 

Requirements:

• Phone should be a compatible device check our list of compatible devices
  • Make sure the Do Not Disturb setting on your mobile device is turned off because it prevents the device from sending notifications to your tracker.
  • If you use more than one Bluetooth phone, tablet, or computer to sync, the other one isn't nearby (or has Bluetooth disabled).
  • If you're using a new battery. Make sure that the little metal piece that makes contact with the battery is not bend and clean the battery and the place where you put it using a cotton swab before insert it again. Make sure that the little metal piece that makes contact with the battery is not bend or rusty too.

zip.PNG

zip clean.PNG

If the syncing issue remains with a mobile device I would recommend following the steps below:

1. Restart your tracker a couple of times and make sure that it is fully charged
  2. Reboot your phone and check that you phone and Fitbit App are up to date 
  3. Open Bluetooth Settings on your phone and delete your Zip from there (forget device)
  4. Open Fitbit App > Account > Zip> Remove device (tap on the trash can in the upper right corner)
  5. Reboot your Bluetooth and double check that it is not connecting from there
  6. Force quite the App. Open it again Account > Set up a device

Hope this helps, let me know if you have questions about it.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Nice to see you here @JaneAZ!

Thanks for sharing all those details. About the total amount of steps that are changing on the Fitbit app, I'd like to check with you if you're not either manually logging exercises or using Mobile Track. Are you getting more or less steps? Do you have screenshots of this?

About the syncing issues with your Zip, let's confirm the basic things here: 

Requirements:

• Phone should be a compatible device check our list of compatible devices
  • Make sure the Do Not Disturb setting on your mobile device is turned off because it prevents the device from sending notifications to your tracker.
  • If you use more than one Bluetooth phone, tablet, or computer to sync, the other one isn't nearby (or has Bluetooth disabled).
  • If you're using a new battery. Make sure that the little metal piece that makes contact with the battery is not bend and clean the battery and the place where you put it using a cotton swab before insert it again. Make sure that the little metal piece that makes contact with the battery is not bend or rusty too.

zip.PNG

zip clean.PNG

If the syncing issue remains with a mobile device I would recommend following the steps below:

1. Restart your tracker a couple of times and make sure that it is fully charged
  2. Reboot your phone and check that you phone and Fitbit App are up to date 
  3. Open Bluetooth Settings on your phone and delete your Zip from there (forget device)
  4. Open Fitbit App > Account > Zip> Remove device (tap on the trash can in the upper right corner)
  5. Reboot your Bluetooth and double check that it is not connecting from there
  6. Force quite the App. Open it again Account > Set up a device

Hope this helps, let me know if you have questions about it.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I took the battery out and cleaned it and put it back in the tracker. When I went to the fit bit app on my iphone 6, the missing steps from last few weeks appeared! Appears to have fixed the issue. Thanks, I have replaced about 3 batteries over the last year and never had this issue before!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JaneAZ, thanks for getting back. It is always a pleasure take care of our happy Fitbitters, I'm not sure why your Zip wasn't responding but I'm glad to see that it is working fine now. Please feel free to come back at any time, our desire is to take care of each one of the members of our family. Heart

Have you checked our Discussions board? If you're into Fitbit and fitness you may enjoy other users' comments. Check this board  Looking for Fitbit Friends? Find some here! And have some fun interacting with other users! 

Keep stepping around in the Forums! Cat Tongue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is not working in spite of everything. It says it has synched the data today. But the steps showing a blank for all days

Best Answer
0 Votes