Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip not syncing with phone or computer

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dear Fitbit, My Zip hasn't synced properly for months.  All your suggestions to restart devices, uninstall and reinstall apps, etc. all work once - but only once.  I repeat these processes weekly as I don't want the data to be lost.  It is time consuming and inconvenient.  I have this problem on both my laptop and my phone.  There is nothing wrong with either device or my Zip.  You have a software problem that needs to be fixed.  I love my Zip.  I have replaced it a few times in the last ten years because of course any mechanical device will wear out.  I enjoy that it is small and can be worn without being seen.  I love its simplicity and it meets all my exercising needs.  Please fix your app!

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hey @Dsrsmb, nice to see here! Welcome to the Fitbit Forums.

I'm glad to see that you really like Fitbit Zip, thank for the time you've spent fixing it. Please check this helpful post, that has solved the issue for other users. If you already tried this, I'd like to know what model of phone and type of computer you are using. I'd like to confirm that this is not related to any other connectivity issue.

I'll be around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thank you, Yojana.  As I said in my previous note, I have had this problem for months.  I have been trying all the suggestions you have been giving to other customers during this time.  Yesterday, I tried all of the instructions you had given to Wiskiandrye.  They appear to be the same ones that you gave to Liquidpixie.  From reading other posts, it appears that Fitbit did a major software update in September that negatively affected many of your customers.  Since then and until recently your suggestion to remove the battery to restart my Zip worked.  Both my devices would sync and all the missing days of data would be logged.  Then the syncing would stop.  Sometimes it stopped right away and other times it would continue for several hours.  Recently restarting with this method stopped working.  Now the restart will work only with a brand new battery.  That was ridiculous so I have been uninstalling and reinstalling the app instead.  My laptop is a Lenovo Edge 2 with Windows 10.  My phone is a Galaxy S6 with Android 7.0 OS.  Bluetooth, continuous syncing and location are all enabled.  I don't receive any error notifications.

Best Answer

Hi @Dsrsmb, thanks for your reply. Very impressive, you have done an splendid job reading and trying the those steps. We appreciate your patience. 

I think that it's best if we request more information directly with our team since you've tried different devices.  I've requested to our support team to create a case on your behalf. You should soon receive an email from customer support at the email you used to register with the Community Forums.

Please keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes