Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip won't track my steps while on a treadmill

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm really frustrated. I recently got an under desk treadmill to walk while I work. The only downside was my steps for the day were no longer accurate, because my wrists aren't moving with me when I walk. So to solve this, I got a fitbit zip. I wanted to be able to automatically update all my steps to my fitbit app, so I went for this option instead of a basic digital pedometer.

All this, only to find the zip won't track steps when I'm on a treadmill. It tracks fine when I'm walking around my house. 

Has anyone had this issue and resolved it? I'm really disappointed. This is something a basic pedometer can do and the ftibit zip can't?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I can't imagine the Zip not tracking steps on a treadmill.  Where are you wearing it?  I would assume on a clip on your hip.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Yes. I've tried on my hip, clipped to my sports bra as mentioned being an option, and even clipped to my sweats pocket.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you live in the US, use this link to get help from a Fitbit employee: https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/home?language=en_US

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, if it's an underdesk treadmill, this implies you are sitting while using it? So I doubt any pedometer will work well on your body.. Maybe put the zip on or in your sock?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess I had skimmed over the "under desk" part.  I was thinking of a standing desk treadmill, but you got me wondering exactly what she means, if it is really walking, or just kind of pumping the feet type thing.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a tread at work and I was going to get a zip to clip on. However, I decided to get the inspire two with a stretchy band and I wear it around my ankle while I’m walking/working and it works great. I’m sure you could use the same concept with the zip. As long as you don’t mind something around your ankle that might look like a house arrest monitor 😂

Best Answer
0 Votes