Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Zip Replacement not Pairing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All...

My first post here.

I've been using my Fitbit Zip for years and it's been linked to my WW App.  last week, I noticed the screen was damaged and went to eBay, found a NEW Fitbit Zip, bought it and got it today.

I deleted the old Fitbit Zip from my App and went to SetUp to pair the new device.

I went through the steps and got this message:

"Cannot Pair
This device has been locked and cannot be paired. This may happen if a device is reported lost or if a warranty replacement has been issued. If you believe this is in error, please contact
Customer Support."

I called Customer Service, was told my case was escalated to their Security Team and that I'd be called in an hour.  It's passed that now.

Any suggestions?  Hard to believe there is nothing in the Zip Manual or anywhere on the Internet.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @AnneRK  contact eBay. Fitbit won't be able to do much since you purchased it from an unauthorized retailer. The seller on eBay should refund your money. Sad to say, this happens all too often on the forums when someone buys an older device. If your seller doesn't work with you, get directly with eBay. They've helped me before on a bad cell phone.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. Can I please get some help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AAAAAAAZFEHJPLH  what's going on with your Zip? Since they are retired, there is no warranty on them and there are no repairs on any Fitbits. We need to know more in order to direct you to the right place.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The exact same thing happened to me. I talked to support for an hour and got nowhere. Consequently, I sent mine back with the seller aware of the problem. I did receive a refund. Now I am out of a tracker. I cannot wear wrists trackers. I have tried other clip ons and there is nothing like a zip.

I think we are out of luck-sadly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@marlack  some of the Fitbit models allow for use of a clip, but they don't use button batteries like the Zip. Look at the Inspire 3 to see if it might work for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes