Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip won't update or pair

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just purchased my zip. As soon as I had added the device to my account it said there was an update.  Now it is stuck in update mode, trying to update but won't do anything. It has been that way all day.  I have removed the battery, etc.  Tried everything. Any help would be appreciated.  I am thinking that I might just send it back.  Expense little item for it to not work from the package or perhaps its user error??? No idea and since it won't respond at all I can't even try to fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @KC1976  the Zip was discontinued March 2019 and they usually don't update software beyond two years after it's retired. If it's stuck, there isn't really any way to manage it. Might want to return it or try getting a different Fitbit. If you're looking for one that clips, the Inspire 3 can be worn like the Zip. Originally the Zip could be purchased for under $50 on sale. It's a shame how people are making the price so high on eBay and Amazon. The Zip is a sweet little device, when everything is working. Wish you the best with your fitness journey.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @KC1976  the Zip was discontinued March 2019 and they usually don't update software beyond two years after it's retired. If it's stuck, there isn't really any way to manage it. Might want to return it or try getting a different Fitbit. If you're looking for one that clips, the Inspire 3 can be worn like the Zip. Originally the Zip could be purchased for under $50 on sale. It's a shame how people are making the price so high on eBay and Amazon. The Zip is a sweet little device, when everything is working. Wish you the best with your fitness journey.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.

Best Answer