Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ok so I have a zip and why do I have to have service for my zip to update my steps? Why will it not do it through bluetooth? Any suggestions any help? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Bluetooth will get the data to your phone, but then it has to sync to the fitbit computers where it is stored.

By having service, do you mean phone data plan? If so, that is not necessary.  You can sync via wi-fi with no phone data usage or data plan.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What I mean is at my home i have no cell service and no internet so once i get home at 3 all my other steps are not sync to my phone which in return means the last time my fitbit and phone sync that's the last recorded steps I have all my others I have lost.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As for seeing your step count update on phone, see:

Can I see real-time data in the Fitbit app?

"You can watch your stats update in real time for all trackers except Fitbit Zip™ and Fitbit Ultra™. "

I don't know why, but the Zip does not update your steps directly to phone, I would guess a limitation of its older design.

But the data should still be saved on your tracker and updated to Fitbit computers and your phone the next time you do sync, so the data is not really lost.  You just cannot see it until after your next sync.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes