Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

continuous step tracking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Zip for a couple of years now, and there's been no problems with it until yesterday evening when it started continually counting steps even when I took it off - the numbers on the screen were constantly ticking upwards. It looked like an error rather than a low battery because there wasn't any indication that the battery needed changing before it started counting. It was still doing it this morning, resulting in my "achieving" the 55k and 90k steps badges and logging over 120k steps in total!

I reset it by following the instructions posted on here, and so it's stopped counting steps (for now). My questions are, 1) is there any explanation for what happened? and 2) is there any way for me to manually remove the extra steps it recorded from my history?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Nice to see you here @ketinka! This may have an easy explanation. It might have been an internal and temporal glitch and this usually solved by just restarting the tracker. 🙂 

At the moment you can't delete your steps. However, you can negate them by logging a driving activity. To do so, follow this post by @EdsonFitbit

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes