Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

how many steps per day can you do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for stopping by @scotsbabe2017! Fitbit starts everyone off with a 10,000-step goal, and it's because it adds up to about five miles each day for most people, which includes about 30 minutes of daily exercise—satisfying the CDC’s recommendation of at least 150 minutes of moderate exercise per week.

Thing is, 10,000 steps per day might not make sense for you. You may need to nab more if you want to lose a certain amount of weight, or take fewer steps if you’re new to fitness or recovering from an injury. Your step goal can vary depending on your needs, and it can also shift over time. You can take a look to this blog entry to know more about this. 

Good luck and I hope to see you around more often! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Thanks for stopping by @scotsbabe2017! Fitbit starts everyone off with a 10,000-step goal, and it's because it adds up to about five miles each day for most people, which includes about 30 minutes of daily exercise—satisfying the CDC’s recommendation of at least 150 minutes of moderate exercise per week.

Thing is, 10,000 steps per day might not make sense for you. You may need to nab more if you want to lose a certain amount of weight, or take fewer steps if you’re new to fitness or recovering from an injury. Your step goal can vary depending on your needs, and it can also shift over time. You can take a look to this blog entry to know more about this. 

Good luck and I hope to see you around more often! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

10k per day now woop woop, i am an rtc surviver

Best Answer