Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 Alarms that Won't Delete

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have an iPhone and a Fitbit Alta. If you have 8 silent alarms set and you go in to edit or delete them a message opens saying you can only have 8 alarms and that you need to delete some before you add any. But you can't get in to delete any beause it won't let you in at all. TO FIX THIS you must sign into your dashboard on a desktop computer and go under settings. There you'll find alarms and you can delete some. BUT when I did this my app on my phone still wouldn't let me add or change my alarms so I deleted it and reinstalled it and now everything is fine. Hope this helps anyone like me who was very unhappy and confused when this happened.
Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Hi there @jojodramallama, welcome aboard to our Community. 

Also let me thank you for sharing this workaround to delete alarms when you get the error on the app. I was looking if this issue was reported and it seems is not happening to often. But I'm glad you have shared the workaround to remove alarms.

If the issue persist I would recommend to force quit the app if you have recently updated the app.

1. Log out from your Fitbit app and double tap the home button on your iOS device. Your open apps will show on your device's screen. 
2. Close the Fitbit app by swiping the app image in an upward motion. 
3. Reopen the Fitbit app and try again.

Don't forget to keep participating in our Community. See you around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Same happened to me.  Maybe you don't see it often because it's rare someone sets 8 alarms?

Best Answer

I think you are right @Elmo26.2 Robot Happy

Let me take the chance to give you a warm welcome to our Fitbit Community and thank you for joining us on this thread. Regardless that are many alarms, it should not give this error though. But I hope the previous recommendation from @jojodramallama have resolved the issue in your case.

Also I have pass along this information with our teams and if I received any update in the future, I will let you know. Catch ya' later.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the "fix" you suggested but nothing has changed - I can't set a new alarm as I have 8 set already and I can't delete them as it won't let me past the 'set alarm' stage to access and delete the existing alarms.

please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Wendyhenley, let me start by giving you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Is giving you any error when you tried to delete the silent alarms?

To remove alarms you need to do the following  from your iOS app:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the + icon.
  2. Tap Set Alarm.
  3. Tap the alarm you want to delete and tap Delete Alarm
  4. Sync your tracker to remove the alarm. Make sure the sync is completed in order to remove the alarm successfully.

Indeed you can only set 8 alarms but have you tried to delete the alarms using your online Dashboard as a workaround in case the issue still persists? 

1. Log into your fitbit.com dashboard.
  2. Click the gear icon in the top right corner and select your tracker.
  3. Under Silent Alarms, find the alarm you want to delete.
  4. Tap the pencil icon next to the alarm.
  5. Click Delete alarm.
  6. Sync your tracker to remove the alarm.

See you around and hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. The alarm list won't open so I can't delete any alarms. I have force closed the app and restarted my phone. Do I really have to log in on a computer? That is a surprisingly annoying solution to an annoying problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Blurg, welcome to the Fitbit Community. I saw you were having issues to access to your alarms in order to delete them. Indeed, using a computer is only an alternative, but I can suggest to try the following in your case:

Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

See you later and hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

I am having a similar problem. I have gone into the my setting on the computer dashboard and reduced the number of alarms. I have synced my fitbit app on my iPhone several times and did a restart of the phone. I still am unable to set any new alarms from my phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @gh2014 good to see you again. Since it has been a few days, I'm wondering how it goes? In this case you are referring to an iOS, but I will leave your post here so it does not loose context. Keep in mind to post in our specific boards depending of the topic you want to talk about, so you received the necessary attention from other users in the future.

Also the steps recommended here might be different from the platform you are using. So if the issue persists my first recommendation for you is to make sure your phone is successfully syncing as this is require to apply changes to your tracker.

If you have tried already this and your tracker is syncing. Set your tracker as a replacement in your Dashboard. For this you do not remove your tracker and just follow the process and the instructions prompted on your app. The following post will give you a guide of the steps you need to take.

See you later and hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happens frequently (8 is not all that many) and is super annoying 

Best Answer

Hello @KC09, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention. Would it be possible for you to let me know which troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to delete alarms in your Fitbit tracker? That will be very helpful for me to determine what should we do next in case you're still experiencing this issue. A screenshot will also be helpful. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I used my PC to edit the alarms then synced (making sure cell phone Bluetooth was off) - still didn’t work so I deleted Fitbit app and reinstalled and synced everything again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @KC09, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know the steps you took to resolve your issue, I'm very glad it got resolved. Smiley Very Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Jesus-if my alarm app is too long let me access the app to delete one- calm down 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just had the same problem with the maximum number of alarms. I will delete the app as suggested. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Dennis117, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined us and let us know you will try the troubleshooting steps provided earlier, please keep me updated after uninstalling and reinstalling the app, I'll be happy to continue helping you in case you need it. 

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to delete several alarms after accessing the website as described above.  Then I synced my Fitbit and the changes were reflected on my Fitbit but not on my iPad  app where I was still unable to delete any alarms after receiving the message that 8 alarms are the maximum allowable. I then logged out of the iPad app and logged back in and all is well. The changes made on the website were now reflected on the app as well. Thank you all for your insight. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Dennis117, I hope you'e doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Thanks for coming back and let me know that after removing the alarms in the online Dashboard, they were removed from your tracker and that after logging out/in from the Fitbit app in your iPad everything seems to be working correctly, I'm very glad. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have logged into my dashboard on my computer, and I have deleted 4 alarms - so I now have 4 active alarms. I have closed the app on my phone. I have synched my app. I have done everything that was recommended. However, when I got to the app on my phone, it still says I have 8 alarms and I cannot access them on my phone.

Best Answer