Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 Alarms that Won't Delete

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have an iPhone and a Fitbit Alta. If you have 8 silent alarms set and you go in to edit or delete them a message opens saying you can only have 8 alarms and that you need to delete some before you add any. But you can't get in to delete any beause it won't let you in at all. TO FIX THIS you must sign into your dashboard on a desktop computer and go under settings. There you'll find alarms and you can delete some. BUT when I did this my app on my phone still wouldn't let me add or change my alarms so I deleted it and reinstalled it and now everything is fine. Hope this helps anyone like me who was very unhappy and confused when this happened.
Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

@jfurcron wrote:

I have logged into my dashboard on my computer, and I have deleted 4 alarms - so I now have 4 active alarms. I have closed the app on my phone. I have synched my app. I have done everything that was recommended. However, when I got to the app on my phone, it still says I have 8 alarms and I cannot access them on my phone.

Looking at what some of the others have done to fix this problem, I think you have to log out of the app and then log back in.  It may not update the active alarms on the app if you just close it.

Hope you get it working.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me as well!! Insanely frustrating and a glitch that should be fixed. 

UPDATE:

I had to do the same thing! So annoying!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your feedback with us. I understand you were affected by this situation but I'm glad to know that you were able to delete alarms after following the recommendations provided earlier. 

I'll make sure to forward your feedback with our team, in case you need anything else please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

As of Nov 2022 this is still a glitch. I recently bought an Inspire 2 and have the latest updated iOS app for Fitbit and notice that when I create silent alarms I get 2, one live and one ‘greyed’ out. If I try to adjust any alarm because I missed a day or the time is wrong I can’t I can only create a new one with its ‘greyed’ twin. Currently I have 3 live and 5 greys and can’t do anything with the greys or add more alarms, however, if I log out of the app and properly close it then reopen and log in I find the greys have gone and I now have the 3 live ones and space for 5 more. So the glitch is still there.

Best Answer
0 Votes