Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing photos on Iphone app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Whenever I try to post a picture from my photos on the Fitbit app for IPhone it says: "This app does not have access to your photos or videos. You can enable access in Privacy Settings."

first off, I looked everywhere in privacy settings on both the phone and app, but I cant find anything about turning on access to the Photos app.

Second, I tried uninstalling and re-installing the app, which didn't fix anything.

thanks for the help,

Jason

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@Jason-W  Did you try this path?   From Settings, Scroll down to your apps to Fitbit and tap.  You will find the toggle to allow Fitbit your photos.  Is the toggle swiched to On?

Just guessing here, but I bet the error message is coming from within the app and the app just didn't keep pace with a change in an iOS update.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jason-W, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you around too @LZeeW

@Jason-W, as @LZeeW mentioned, please go to your phone Settings > Fitbit and enable the Photos option in order for the app to access your Camera Roll. 

settings.png

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Also unable to have Fitbit (Charge 3) access my photos.

Under Settings, Fitbit, Photos; my iPhone 8 does not show a toggle switch for on or off.  Shows selection for either “Never” or “Read and Write”.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello and welcome @JOSMcb 

You happen to come across an old post. Here is how it looks now 😉 Just select “Read and Write” 

67E16586-EEB9-4875-8C2F-2A97AEE72B7F.jpeg

Best Answer

Thx.  Successful!!

Best Answer

Your so very welcome @JOSMcb! Happy Holidays and Happy Stepping! 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes