Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add more calorie burning options.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am a mom who exclusively breastfeeds. Breastfeeding burns calories, fact. 

Any way that this could be logged and added to the burned calories throughout a day in the app? 

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @AshLon! Welcome to the Community.

You are absolutely right, breastfeeding does burn calories and I can see how not being able to log that can be bothersome. At the moment, if you know how many calories you burn (or have an estimate) you could log it as a custom activity. To do so please follow these steps:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Exercise tile to open your exercise history. This is the tile that says "Track exercise" if you haven't worked out today.
  2. Tap the stopwatch icon in the top right corner.
  3. Tap Log.
  4. Type Breastfeeding and it should give you the option to create a custom activity.
  5. Adjust the activity details and tap Add.

That way the calories you enter will show up on your account.

Additionally, I did find this suggestion to add Pregnancy and nursing settings to the accounts. Perhaps you could vote on it or comment on it to show your support.

Hope you find this useful! If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I've followed these instructions, but when i search for breastfeeding, there is not option to create this as a custom activity... any idea why? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Chaelyn, thanks for joining the Forums.

That is interesting. If you do not mind, could you take a screen shot of what you get whenever you type 'breastfeeding' into the Fitbit app? That should let me find out what's going on.

Look forward to your reply.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I figured it out! I had to log onto my laptop and do it from there first. once I added breastfeeding from my laptop it then showed up on my app on my iPhone and I'm able to do it manually from my iPhone now. 

Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Chaelyn!

Thanks for the update. Those are some great news! Now you can track all of your breastfeeding section into your account and get even more accurate information. I will be sure to keep the process you mentioned in mind. 

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes