Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add more detailed notes about app updates.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

@KateFitbit -

Yes I know that many iOS developers out there don't like the idea of owning up to errors in their previous releases.

But do you realize that many individuals, myself included, are delaying taking iOS updates because of an issue with the previous Fitbit iOS app not displaying realtime heart rate data when paired with the latest iOS version?

In your announcement, you stated "We fixed some bugs and made performance improvements."

You can look at my profile to see how serious I am in helping the community, as well as see that I am a fellow professional,.

So when I say it is time for Fitbit, as a company, to "Man up", or "Woman up" if you prefer, it is because I truly care about the product and, more importantly, about my fellow users.

Go ahead and use "We fixed some bugs and made performance improvements" on the AppStore, but let's be a little open here on the forum. Your customers deserve it.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@MrMarv Thanks for your thoughtful feedback. 

The community post you referenced is a restating of the developer notes supplied to the iOS app store. It's a closed thread that is meant to alert users to update the app. It's not a question of being able to man or woman-up to the issues. I think we are transparent when we know there is a bug and do provide updates. For example, with the 2.45 app update, I posted updates in the following threads: app crashing, the Error 0 message, getting logged out of the app, and users unable to see friends lists

That said, It's not a bad idea to list resolved issues in one place, that's something we can look into. When I say I appreciate your feedback, I mean it, along with your presence and assistance in the Community.  

Regarding the iOS real-time data, I will follow up with our team here and see if they have further input.  

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@MrMarv Thanks for your thoughtful feedback. 

The community post you referenced is a restating of the developer notes supplied to the iOS app store. It's a closed thread that is meant to alert users to update the app. It's not a question of being able to man or woman-up to the issues. I think we are transparent when we know there is a bug and do provide updates. For example, with the 2.45 app update, I posted updates in the following threads: app crashing, the Error 0 message, getting logged out of the app, and users unable to see friends lists

That said, It's not a bad idea to list resolved issues in one place, that's something we can look into. When I say I appreciate your feedback, I mean it, along with your presence and assistance in the Community.  

Regarding the iOS real-time data, I will follow up with our team here and see if they have further input.  

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

wrote:

That is all I ask - post it - lock it and move on. That way people don't have to chase down threads and you, as a team, don't have to do the same.

Just be glad you don't have to be SOX compliant as reference to your users. What I am asking for would be a walk in the park in comparison. Even if I didn't respect what you and the others do I wouldn't wish that on you.

Have a great day.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes