Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adventure races inaccuracy on steps.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This seems to be a consistent problem. As soon as the race starts at midnight, someone ends up wi a 20,000 or 30,000 step head start.  There's no way this can be a legitimate accomplishment is a few seconds and it ruins the competition.  How can this be fixed.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I woke up this morning and someone had already won and they are in another adventure race with me and they hadn't even finished that one. I finished the Valley loop and was in first place, clock stsrted, then others finished and it kept knocking me out of place, so even though I finished first it placed me last in ranking and pushed everyone ahead. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well for the last 2 days I can't sync adventure games at all. All other "normal' challenges are fine, with adventure races I just hang around the finish line while everyone overtakes me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too!!! I guess that's what happen
Best Answer

Hello @blazer316@Daisydoogirl and @mr.squishi, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, one thing to point out about Adventure Races is that they're linked to the timezone of the person who starts it, meaning that if the timezone of the person starting the Adventure Race is ahead of you by 8 hours, the Race will start for that person 8 hours before you (at that person's midnight time). That will explain why you're able to see people with 20,000 steps when you start. 

This also explains why it's possible for you to finish an Adventure Race first, (if your timezone is ahead) or last (if your timezone is behind). 

I hope this information can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Why doesn't it work exactly like the other challenges then? Those challenges also start at midnight of the person who initiated it and other players start at the same time (in their corresponding time zone) without it counting their steps already taken for that day. Everyone starts with a zero step count so everyone has the exact same start. Why are the moderators not understanding this issue??
Also, there's now another glitch! What happens now is those in front of the challenge initiators time zone (I'm in the Southern Hemisphere so sometimes up to 8 hours in front), I'll zoom out in front as it has counted all my steps for the day and then I stop. It won't sync my steps. I might stand there for 2 days in some of the longer races! All my other challenges will sync just fine except the adventure races. Just yesterday is stayed 681 steps from the finish line and never moved, never finished the race.
I really like theses new races, they are so much more interesting but it's just not worth the frustration as you have to be on your luck to win! They just need to run like the other challenges, everyone start at the same time no matter what time zone your in and with a zero step count.
Best Answer

Hello @mr.squishi, thanks for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it. Smiley Happy

I contacted our team and even though Adventure races start at midnight for the person who starts it, it seems there are some issues related to timezones and Adventure races at this moment. Our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve these issues as quickly as possible. 

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. I'll be around, if you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was the only one who finished Valley Loop Race, and I am ranked last. What gives?

Best Answer