Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow Apple Watch to sync with Fitbit.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Would it not be beneficial to make an app or something that people can purchase to enable them to sync Apple Watch data as well as iPhone data... I understand you want people to by the Fitbit product but.. if they can currently sync iPhone data wouldn’t it be a money maker and very pleasing to people to do something to allow Apple Watch to sync too as people with Apple Watch won’t change now to fit bit but you could still benefit from these people. It seems a constant topic of conversation and I think you are missing a money making trick lol

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hello @Dizzygirly22, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board.

I appreciate your feedback and your insight about this situation. At this moment there are not plans to release a dedicated Apple Watch app or integrate the Apple Watch as a compatible device for Fitbit. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released here in our FAQs

Our team has left the feature suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so our team can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes. Additionally, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Fact is its all about trying to lead in the market of watches and fitness trackers.  However I agree there should be a way that you can link an watch with your fitbit account and all your data be loaded.  Fact it people like options and if you have friends on fitbit or nike community then you want to be able to do both.  People are not going to wear 2 different watches on their wrist.  I really hope fitbit comes up with a solution.  fit bit and apple merge would be awesome.  Maybe they need to come out with a apple fitbit exclusive, .Win win both companies get customers.  I like both apple and fitbit but i have to say apple watch series 3.  Even with fitbit recently releasing there newest product fitbit versa or even the ionic.  it has fitbit pay but fitbit pay is not where apple pay is.  For example i would not be able to use fitbit pay at all as it's not compatible with my bank or hardly any banks here in the UK as it goes, so there no incentive there to get the special edition watch.  Granted i assume fitbit pay will evolve but apple pay has been around for so long now, so it's just got to be compatible with joe blogs banks.  Fitbit give the people what they want find a way that it becomes beneficial to you but also the people!

Best Answer

Hello @lexi83, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience, I understand how important it is for you to have this feature implemented, however there are no current plans to integrate Apple products into the Fitbit app.

Please note that if this decision changes in the future we will be more than happy to let you know. Now, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought an Apple Watch also after having been a dedicated Fitbit wearer for 7-8 years.  I am really missing my Fitbit community.  Please can you make a compatible app that I can pay for but allows me to still keep my Fitbit friends and manages all my information.  

Best Answer

Just release an official £50 a year Apple Watch app for the Fitbit community...solved - money coming in for Fitbit and Apple users happy

Best Answer

Hello @Janhui and @DanielleMomof2, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for having shared your ideas with us. Please note that even though our team doesn't have immediate plans to release an integration between the Fitbit app and Apple devices, we are always looking for ways you can use your data to support your health and fitness goals. For the past few years, we’ve been the leader in developing direct partnerships through our open API with hundreds of the most popular health apps, wellness programs, incentive systems, and other services that have enabled people like you to make the most of your products and data. In addition, the launch of Fitbit Ionic has given us the opportunity to allow third party developers to develop apps for the Fitbit App Gallery through our SDK, providing opportunities to offer even more features and apps to our global Fitbit community from our developer community.

With regards to your proposed integrations, we continue to evaluate new partners and will update you if we have news to share. Fitbit has a history of working with the community to bring potential features to reality, and we thank you for taking the time to share your ideas and suggestions.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, If there's anything else you might want to add, please feel free to do so. Have a great day. 

Best Answer

I have an Apple Watch, but bought the Fitbit Ace for my daughter. I did not realise the Fitbit app on my iPhone can track my activity, so thought that was good as I could compete with my friends and my daughter. But of course, I cant because I have an Apple Watch that tracks my activity not the phone. Its strange you allow the phone to track and not the watch, when it the watch that would be more commonly worn. 

I, and probably most apple watch users, would not be getting rid of the apple watch for a fitbit in order to compete with friends if thats what Fitbit hopes by excluding us! And in fact, it now puts me off having a fitbit for my other children and my wife because I cant compete with them. If I could, then I would get a Fitbit for the rest of my family.

If people considering buying a fitbit vs apple watch knew they could compete with their apple watch friends, I would imagine a lot would buy the fitbit so you're missing out on there too. 

So all in all a bit strange allowing iphone users but not apple watch users to be tracked. If you import from Health app like all other fitness apps I use, I would have thought that would take care of it? 

Best Answer

Hello @anotherlaurence, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your feedback. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. However, please note that as mentioned earlier, our team does not have plans to release a dedicated Apple Watch app or integrate the Apple Watch as a compatible device for Fitbit. Some users have started to use the SyncSolver app to sync data between Apple Watch and Fitbit but note that this app was not developed by Fitbit so we do not offer support for it. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

BUT and this is a massive BUT.... its all very well you saying you wont add support... but Fitbit have actively taken the decision to REMOVE support in the past. By disallowing third party apps from syncing steps. SyncSolver states they cannot sync steps. 

So there is a lot more to this than just Fitbit not deciding to add support, you have actually made a decision to remove support and make it harder for us. If you did not do that, and just said you wont add support, it wont be such a big issue. But clearly Fitbit are against helping customers do this by making decisions to remove functionality to put a stop to us doing it. Its terrible. 

What have you got against Apple Watch users? Do you think its better for Fitbit profit this way, hence the decision? I could probably understand that, but personally i think it narrow-minded and you are missing opportunities. 

All this competition between companies makes your end users world a far more miserable place compared to if everyone just worked together. 

And as a business owner myself, alarm bells ring when customers (especially new ones like me) start moaning about things, you know you are doing something wrong when you have customers moaning! 🙂 

Best Answer

Hello @anotherlaurence, thanks for coming back to us. Smiley Happy

We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience but as stated before, our team does not have plans to implement compatibility with Apple Watch. 

Our team has left the feature suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so our team can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes. As there's nothing else to add to this thread, I'll close it. Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes