Integrate with Apple Watch

The options available for wearing your FitBit with business casual clothing is extremely limited. Please partner with Apple & allow us to use the Apple Watch to track our steps for a premium subscription. I love the APP & currently proudly wear my flex daily, but would really like the option available when the Apple Watch is released.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

683 Comments
Zurigirl
Premium User
First Steps

Yes, please integrate with the Apple Watch!  I don't wear a Flex because I don't want to draw attention to my tracking.  That's why I have the One.  Sits unobtrusively in my pocket.  At least with the Apple Watch, people wouldn't think I had no life because I was tracking my steps, sleep etc.

nickdub
Stepping Up

I have the One, so I don't even mind the app for the watch working just like the app does on the iPhone. I'd like to be able to just look at the watch and see my current steps, etc. I mean, fitbit is trying to sell their product afterall. So why not just have the watch integrate with the fitbit itself.

mike3k
Jogger

I would also love to see this. I currently wear a Pebble and carry a Fitbit One in my pocket, and I plan to get an Apple Watch and I've already pre-ordered a Pebble Time. I forgot my Fitbit One several times and I once lost it for several days.

The Fitbit app is so much better than Apple's Health app, that I would gladly pay extra to be able to use my Apple Watch or Pebble Time as a Fitbit device, so I don't have to carry & charge an extra device that's easy to lose or forget.

ValCox75
First Steps
PLEASE make a FitBit app for the AppleWatch. I had to sell my Charge to offset the cost of my AppleWatch. I already miss it! I'm now unable to participate in my friends' challenges & I hate that! I would also be happy to pay a fee for AppleWatch integration. Make it part of the premium account, that would be fine! Please!
BryanSpencer
First Steps

Please support Applewatch via Healthkit. I have used fitbit for 4 years using 2 ultras a Flex and a ton of bands becuase they keep breaking. I love fitbit, the app and how it intergrated with all of my other helath products except APPLE HEALTHKIT and now that I have my APPLEWATCH I can not were both the flex and watch as the flexs Large band is just too small to move up the arm and wreaing my fitbit on the righthand just has not worked. I want to beabel to switch my applewatch for my flex when I swim, or sleep or anyother time I am not wearing my Apple Watch and have all of my data in my fitbit app where i have put 4 years of data. I am invested in Fitbit however it has come to a chose Fitbit or Applewatch when if you supported AppleWatch and HealthKit I could use both with a single data set, which would cause me to upgrade fitbits over time. I would even pay a small fee to add applewatch and healtkit support to my account. Please add this. Your offical thread has 99 pages over the last year. Listen to your users we want that feature. You intergrate with so many other health and fitness platforms why not APPLE what would intergration look like. Simple AppleWatch data would be synced to healthkit and you could pull the data and not duplicate it with fitbit data and it would just autoswitch between data sources just like your support for muti fitbits. Please add this feature soon while I am still invested in your Brand, Platform, Data, and products.

brookelayne
Stepping Up

If you added this as an option for premium subscribers, you would still be monetizing these users while opening yourselves to a new customer base.  From what I can tell, the Apple Watch doesn't offer the same type of metrics tracking that Fitbit premium offers, so I would absolutely keep my premium subscription if I could sync it with my apple watch.  Note, MyFitnessPal just started offering premium, and given that they do snyc with the Apple watch, there's is becoming a very attractive option if Fitbit chooses to remain solely focused on their own devices. 

Harrisburger
Base Runner

Yes to all of the above. My Apple Watch is on the way, but I would like the ability to keep my Fitbit Flex and then see the app on the Watch.

Laperegrina
Jogger
I echo all of the above comments having just bought an Apple watch I'd love to use both. I tried using sync solver and it started removing steps from Fitbit so I was unable to reach my step goal I pay for Fitbit premium already and would happily pay a larger fee to have Apple watch and HealthKit integration
Shalifa
Jogger

My family just bought me an Apple watch. I also wear a FitBit One.  I'm loving wearing both but I miss being able to check my progress through the day on my watch applications. Then going to find my phone to check gets to be a hassel. I am not able to pay more for the app as I am a older college student. Please let us know if you can do this. I love how my FitBit One works with my Weight Watchers application.

LenTaylorWrites
First Steps
I think that says it all. I stopped using my Fitbit One a week ago when it would not interface with my Apple Watch. You are drawing a line in the sand and this user did not cross. Instead of continuing to use my Fitbit (like I have since the One came out) it's in my drawer. Introduce an app and it will come out again!
CEuC
Jogger

My Apple watch is scheduled for delivery June 22-25.  Looks like my Fitbit is on borrowed time.  I hope Fitbit fired the imbecile that made the decision to not support the Apple Watch because my Fitbit will be in my desk drawer in about 30 days.

rockyromero
Recovery Runner
I’m using my Apple Watch for almost 24 hours continuously, especially when I sleep to monitor my heart activity. I top off the battery when showering and remove the Watch to charge, and then a quick half hour before sleeping to again charge the Watch. Works well for giving me the monitoring that I need. My Misfit Shine tracks my sleeping patterns automatically and that has value for me. The Fitbit One tracks steps, which overlaps many of the functions that I already receive, and gives me access to the Fitbit dashboard. The Fitbit community forums is still the best available. The Fitbit Aria has been a nuisance in that it occasionally drains the batteries in one day. It used to work well before, now it's not registering my data online. All this tracking is motivating to move more often & to get healthier. I believe in using all the tools available to me even if there is overall. It's the age of performance monitoring & backup. Technology will fail. I just don't know which will fail when I need it. Only the Apple Watch promises future developments in blood pressure and glucose monitoring, and a health ecosystem that continues to evolve. :curly_loop:
tsmango
Premium User
Jogger

I've been a Fitbit user for years. I've had the Flex, the Force, and the Charge. I've also had a Premium membership the entire time and have really gotten a ton out of the ecosystem.

Unfortunately, like others on this thread, I've moved to an Apple Watch because it just suits my needs better overall. I'm hoping that Fitbit will add support for importing steps, activities, calories, and heart rate from Apple Health so that I can continue being a Fitbit Premium customer, using the app I enjoy using, and interacting with my friends.

bigkool2
Jogger

I am also intrested just like the hundreds who are happy with the Fitbit app. I enjoy walking and running with my apple watch but not my iPhone. I don't have a Fitbit Product. The steps I get don't show on the Fitbit app dashboard or the challenges Section. I understand you Fitbit wants us to buy a Fitbit product. Make the App a paid app or sycing with Healh/activity app on Apple Watch a premium feature. I would pay for it.

JudySchmitz
First Steps

Putting in my 2 cents. Integrate.

MrXiro
Strider

I would pay up to 9.99 for a Fitbit Apple Watch app that tracks steps and HRM and syncs with the app. Please make it so.

I would love to see my FitBit integrated with the Apple Watch.  I don't intend to give up the FitBit due to the Apple Watch.  In fact, we just ordered my wife a FitBit Charge HR in addition to her Apple Watch.

Why have the iPhone FitBit app and not an Apple Watch app?

mike3k
Jogger
I haven’t carried my FitBit One since I got my Apple Watch. It’s too easy to lose or forget. I’m still using the FitBit app with mobile track. The only thing it’s missing is flights of stairs.
Stevels2
Jogger

Please count steps from the Apple Watch so they go toward challenges steps so we don't have to carry our iPhone and use Mobile Track. I would pay for this app or as an in app purchase to add this feature.  Do this before another tracking device competitor does so. Just think how you community of user would grow, if you integrate the Apple Watch, before your true competitors (not Apple) do so. It would create even more buzz. Most user would what to jump in on the action, but they are probably not buying a Surge or an Apple Watch to jump in, they are going to buy a low cost Fitbit device before they decide to spend big bucks, when they decide to update, some will upgrade to another Fitbit, some will buy the Fitbit Surge, and others will opt for the Watch. Either way the community of users will continue to grow.  

Lucky777
First Steps

I also just purchased the Apple Watch and would like to see a Fitbit app for the Watch.  Now I have to choose whether to track on my Watch or Flex and I'm opting for the Watch.  I would prefer to track on Fitbit and would also pay for that feature.

mbcaldwell
First Steps

Apple Watch should work just like when you use your iPhone as tracker. It should be choice to use that in the fitbit app and flip between Apple Watch and Fitbit tracker.

Hennessy82
First Steps
Could we please have apple watch support?
AnnLondon
Runner
I'm still using my Fitbit One along with my Apple Watch because I want to continue to take part in Fitbit challenges but I'd happily sign up for Fitbit Premium is it allowed my Fitbit dashboard to take steps from my Apple Watch. The longer I wear the Watch the more motivating I'm finding it; full integration with the Fitbit eco-system would be worth paying for right now but I reckon the longer it takes to get that the more likely it is that I'll drift away from Fitbit.
AnnLondon
Runner
Basically as the weeks go by the challenges get less important and the watch takes over. I'd happily pay for integration now, but if it takes a while to happen I'll be long gone.
jmccolgan93
First Steps
My girlfriend has a Fitbit and she loves it. I have an apple watch and I love it. She wants to compete with me in the Fitbit challenges but I can't because the Fitbit app doesn't pull my apple watch steps. Yes there are some third party apps that pull the steps, but you can't use them in challenges. I also have tons of friends who have apple watches who want to be able to compete in fitness, FitBit needs to be the first to the market to do this.

It would be awesome for this to become reality.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.