Integrate with Apple Watch

The options available for wearing your FitBit with business casual clothing is extremely limited. Please partner with Apple & allow us to use the Apple Watch to track our steps for a premium subscription. I love the APP & currently proudly wear my flex daily, but would really like the option available when the Apple Watch is released.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

683 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

did you ask Apple to synchronise with Fitbit ?

Morgan_Marie
Jogger
I posted on FB....? Sent from my iPhone
Cemlyn
Jogger

This is how I would like Fitbit and Apple Watch to work together. I use the Fitbit One. It is great. I would not be without it. I do not see the Apple watch as trying to compete with it. I want to wear my One on my belt and my Apple Watch on my wrist. I want to be able to see the Fitbit read out on my Watch. I also want to wear the Polar Heart rate strap and see the readings from that on the Apple Watch. I see the Watch as being the window to all the device so that I only need to monitor one device. The watch brings all the displays together. In this way they all work together and the wearer's life gets easier. I appreciate that this would not help the Surge, Charge, Flex users but that is how I want Fitbit and Apple to work together.

Cemlyn

Smittty
Recovery Runner
It sad it's taking them so long to add this feature. All the need to do is collect the data from Apple Health. Checkout Pacer also. And Matchup.io
Smittty
Recovery Runner

I gave up on buying any new Fitbit devices once this one falls apart I'm just going to use my iPhone for tracking until they support the Apple Watch. For now, I'm using MatchUp.io with my Apple Watch since their platform supports most devices. They still need to polish up their app and website some but they at least take your feedback in consideration and implement the features based on user feedback. Fitbit has been on radio silence when I comes to enhancing their platform and software to support people needs. It's sad how slow Fitbit is to understand the value of their software and platform but new startup companies are starting to understand their needs to be a home for all devices to play well. 

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Rodger_
Recovery Runner
For everybody that's wondering if Fitbit is checking these forums, Fitbit does. My posts have been removed. Stating they were "inflammatory" and "hostile" and had "profanity" because I used the word "screw". "Generally speaking, when a post is inflammatory, it isn't adding much to the thread outside of hostility. Please keep this in mind to prevent further violations in the future." They said. Well, I'm adding something here by letting everybody involved in this forum know they are ignoring these and deleting posts.
MrXiro
Strider
It's probably a mod or some over sensitive user is reporting your posts. Anyone who matters probably didn't read your post. Sorry to burst your bubble.
MICAH11
First Steps

Please make FITBIT integrate with the Apple Watch, thanks!

shellysol811
Jogger

I would love to see my Fitbit app show up on my apple phone.  I love the challenges within fitbit with my friends.  It seems at this pount, I will have to wear both devices which is annoying 😞

ShereeAlmy
Jogger

I just got the Apple Watch and was surprised I can't sync the steps to Fitbit.  I don't want to wear 2 devices and unfortunately will no longer be wearing my Fitbit Charge.  Fitbit can you please integrate?  I still want to be part of the Fitbit community and challenge my friends.  

Rj215
First Steps

With the rapid growth of smart watches, there should be a way to sync a smart watch with the Fitbit app. When I wear my smart watch, I don't want to wear my Fitbit as well. I'd even be willing to pay for the app if I could sync a smart watch.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

chiuser
Recovery Runner

agreed i would pay for your app if you would integrate 3rd party inputs. The only advantage you have over your competitors is how social fitbit is so why not make money off it by allowing steps from apple watch for instance!

Rozruns86
Jogger
Please provide an option to integrate the Apple Watch steps and the Fitbit app. I would gladly pay a fee to use the app. It's user friendly, the perfect amount of socialization, and the challenges are great and motivating! I am so heartbroken to see that you guys refuse to work with Apple. I get that you're missing out on the sale of a Fitbit, but I've used a charge Hr for a year and I use the aria scale, it's not like I haven't spent money with your products but I got the watch as a gift. Please please please allow the sharing of steps between the watch and Fitbit app, as steps towards challenges and badges. Please 🙂
Nanswer
Jogger
I agree! Fitbit is far superior to having to lug your phone around to get a step count. If Fitbit could add it's superior technology to the Apple Watch you would both be big winners and so would your customers!
AnnLondon
Runner

I would happily pay the Premium fee if it meant steps from my Apple Watch could be fed into my Fitbit dashboard (and count for challenges). At the moment I wear a Fitbit One in my pocket for this and still use my Charge for sleep tracking but I'd rather just use the watch. I understand Fitbit not giving the dashboard functionality to non-Fitbit users for nothing but why not allow integration with Apple Healthkit for Premium users?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I love my Fitbit. But I want an Apple Watch too. Would love there to be an actual Apple Watch app to track sleep, steps etc.
AnnLondon
Runner
The Apple Watch does track steps (much more accurately than my Fitbit Charge and without the issues of the strap irritating my wrist or breaking) and there are sleep tracking apps. I like the community aspects of Fitbit and will carry on using my Fitbits until they get lost (the inaccurately named One: I'm on my fourth!) or broken (the Charge: Fitbit have already replaced it once under warranty but it's clear the replacement will go in time) because I like the app and the challenges but I won't replace them. I'd happily pay for Premium to stay in the Fitbit ecosystem but I have a feeling Fitbit is too short-sighted to go for integration. I guess in the long run my best hope is that Apple develops a social platform around the watch or that someone else builds an app that accepts data from the Apple Watch or from a Fitbit or any similar device that works as well as the Fitbit dashboard.
MikeF2501
First Steps
Agreed! Integration with other smart watches would be great!
Syacuk
First Steps
Agreed! I have been searching and searching for a way to feed my step data from my Apple Watch into the Fitbit app for social purposes (challenges), and Sync Solver app has been the only (mediocre) way to do this. Although, when using this app as a go-between, it only sends the steps that you took while having your phone on you. This does not accurately project my steps for the day. I really like the Fitbit app, and would have continued using my Fitbit products if they wouldn't have fallen apart after about 9 months. Literally-I've had 3 different trackers and they all fell apart before a year of use! I would be willing to pay a fee to tie the Apple Watch into your Fitbit app. It's a win-win for Fitbit because at least you could recoup some money from customers that will no longer be using your products otherwise. If you fail to let Apple tie in, I'll just have to end the relationship entirely 😞
chris00780
First Steps

Please integrate the apple watch into the app. Fitbit already allows the iPhone to count steps! It would be easy to add the apple watch.

Smittty
Recovery Runner

I must admit the new Under Armour Record app 3.0 is a nice refreshing way to use the AW with others in competitons.   If any other people are using it please let me know so we can partner up! 

HW13
First Steps
Me and my family are a big Fitbit fan, we'd love to be able to sync our Fitbits to an app on Apple Watch
GarryDK
Recovery Runner

I own a Charge HR, and an Apple watch. I cant see why the two apps cant pass information to one another. I wear my Apple watch as a smart time piece, my HR does not fit that profile. I shouldnt be penalised for that. I have to pay a 3d party developer who has been able to do this,then Fitbit restrict that by not alllowing it to add to challanges. Its putting me off fitbit, I see my league table with my friends and just because I wear my Fitbit 4 days a week and Apple watch 3 days. It doesnt count towards goals? I get the whole competitor market thing, but we have already brought your device and use it. All we are asking for is to not be restricted. You already do this with Strava, garmin etc why not Apple Health/Activity?

Gonfreaksss
Runner

I personally think integration with the Apple Watch is a very bad idea.  The metrics for gathering steps and other data are completely different.  I would be extremely upset if my competitors are getting more steps using the Apple Watch step counter or vice or versa.  There needs to be a uniform playing field.  

I do feel bad for the Apple Watch owners.  One option is to get a Fitbit Zip.  Their the least expensive, and that way, you can stay within the Fitbit ecosystem.  The new Fitbit Blaze also seems like a pretty good option once the Apple Watch gets old.

As for integration - it's a really bad idea.  The Fitbit community wants a fair playing field in terms of challenges.  

Smittty
Recovery Runner

@Gonfreaksss Actually the playing field would be reverse as it is today.   The Apple Watch is more accurate regarding steps and doesn't give you as many steps for simple things that are not steps.  For instance ironing clothing or brushing your teeth.   🙂  

User are already able to use their iPhone and Android phones for competetions.    That's why people are asking for support now for Smartwatches so they don't have to charge and where both devices like some of us are doing now.  

The Fitbit Blaze still doesn't addresses the issues of why users are using Apple Watches or other Smart Watches that support other applications running on the device.  

I think the Blaze is actually a bad idea they had could have really made a splash if they made the Blaze a real Smart Watch.    I thought it was a missed opportunity.

Most of my Friends are now starting to use the Record App also by Under Armour so we can still compete and the limit of the group now Max out a 50 users vs 10 on Fitibit.    The App they released this week is beautiful on iOS, Apple Watch and Android devices.   It works with most fitness trackers so that was a real selling for about 100 of us. 

Hopefully Fitbit will take notice and are planning to do something similar.   Jawbone also let's you use the Apple Watch as part of their platform for Challenges. 

Time will tell soon what Fitbit plans are for the future.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.