Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR is not tracking cycling distance correctly.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

2nd day bike riding using my Fitbit. Activity & distance not recording properly. Rude today was 4.76 miles (using an App on my phone to compare)... Fitbit listed activity as 1.6 miles.

Same problem yesterday

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Carolinadreamin, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

When you're cycling, do you set the exercise mode on your Charge 2 first or is the activity auto-recognized by the tracker? Which other app are you using to compare the distance? Have you restarted your tracker lately? If so, please reply to me with a screenshot of the exercise in the Fitbit app so I can take a better look at it. 

I hope you have a great day, I'll be waiting for your reply. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Alta HR is set to"auto-recognize". I used "Map my Walk" which auto recognizes biking-and I have my tire size entered in so calculations are more accurate.
I will turn off my Alta HR & try again.
Twice it measured a fraction of the time we were biking.
Carolinadreamin

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Carolinadreamin, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting me know which app are you currently using. Please reply to me once you have performed the tests and restarted your Alta HR. Please include some screenshots so I can take a better look at this situation. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Above shot of Fit Bit was NOT right after my ride...had a screen shot been taken then, it would have shown .7 miles.
Carolinadreamin

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes