Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR not receiving Notifications from iPhone 6.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Alta Hr is not receiving messages from my IPhone 6 now 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Chris1509. You say “now” which leads me to believe that the notifications were showing before. What has changed? 

You may want to look at this Help Page for trouble shooting hints. Please let us know how it goes. 

Best Answer
The notification doesn’t seem to pair now !

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again, @Chris1509.  Did you look at the trouble shooting suggestions on the Help page

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1610/?q=Notifications&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1#del...

There is a lot of good information there ... too much for me to list it all in this posting. But here are the main things to try:

FORCE QUIT THE FITBIT APP

If notifications aren’t working, force quit the Fitbit app and reopen it to sync your Fitbit device.

Notifications should work as expected after your device syncs. If they don't, continue with the next task.

RESET BLUETOOTH

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone.
  2. Wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app to sync your Fitbit device.

Notifications should work as expected after your device syncs. If they don't, continue with the next task.

RESTART YOUR FITBIT DEVICE

1. Restart your device. For more information, see How do I restart my tracker?
  2. Open the Fitbit app to sync your Fitbit device.

REFRESH NOTIFICATIONS

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon (User-added image) >  your device image.
  2. Tap Notifications.
  3. Turn off all notifications
  4. Restart your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and turn notifications back on.

SET UP NOTIFICATIONS AGAIN

1. Tell your phone to "forget" your device, removing the connection between the phone and the Fitbit device. 
    1. On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and find your Fitbit device in the list.
    2. Find an option to forget the device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and set up notifications again.

If you're still having difficulty, contact Customer Support.

Best Answer

Hello @Chris1509, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's great to see you too @SunsetRunner, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@Chris1509, I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. At this moment I wanted to reach out and ask you if the instructions kindly provided by @SunsetRunner had been helpful for you. If you still need assistance with Notifications on Alta HR, please let us know. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, please feel free to reply in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes thank you very helpful I now am receiving notifications on my Fitbit again

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Chris1509, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad! Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes