Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR not receiving notifications / MFP not syncing.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got my Alta HR in may and didn't realize until now that it is supposed to show messages/sender. I have an iPhone 7 and went through all the unpairing and repairing steps with Fitbit customer support only to be told that there's something on my phone blocking the messages- but no ideas as to what. Any ideas here that can help? My app has also not been syncing calories and steps with MyFitnessPal as it was with my charge HR... would hate to think the upgrade was a downgrade 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Akhullar, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

If your Alta HR is not able to receive notifications, please try to reset the Notifications in the Fitbit app by following these steps:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if Alta HR is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Restart your phone
  3. Restart your Alta HR
  4. Go to the Fitbit app, tap on Account > Alta HR > Notifications and enable all of them once again. 

Additionally, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:

• Allow Notifications
  • Show in Notification Center
  • Show on Lock Screen. 

Now, in regards of MyFitnessPal, please try the instructions listed on this post in order to reset the connection between both the MFP and the Fitbit app. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes